Cactus V6 Firmware Release Notes
User interface improvement:
- The TEMPORARY UNLOCK feature of the selection dial can now be enabled or disabled in the SUB_MENU.
Improvement to Nikon flash profiles:
- Increased the full power output of the flash profiles of Nikon SB-910, SB-900 and SB-700 to the level of their maximum output in the Manual mode. Comparatively, the full power output in the previous firmware could only reach their maximum output in the TTL mode, which is 1/3 EV lower than that in the Manual mode.
Firmware 1.1.008 (updated on 2015.2.3)
- Released the profiles of Pentax AF540FGZ II (shown as “AF540F2” on screen) and AF360FGZ II (shown as “AF360F2”).
- Fixed the triggering failure via x-sync port with the "Manual" flash profile in V6 Rx when working with a V6 Tx on a Olympus / Panasonic camera.
-Fixed the wrong display being shown in V6 Tx when teh selection dial has been turned during the bulb mode.
- Fixed the inability iin memorizing the "Manual" flash profile after a power cycle.
User interface improvement:
- Fine tuned the battery level indications to prevent fluctuated readings caused by heavy use in a short period of time.
Firmware 1.1.006 (updated on 2014.12.11)
- Fixed the inconsistent power output of SB-600, SB-900 and SB-910 profiles after switching off and on the V6 again.
- Fixed the triggering issue with the profile of Nissin Di-866 for Canon.
User interface improvements:
- Standardized the LED signal length on RX whether it is triggered from the TX in group sequence mode or not.
- Improved the commands of the group buttons:
1. Press and hold a group button will always select the group, irrespective of whether that group has been activated, or whether any group has been selected;
2. There are now two levels of group selection in the main screen. Press and hold a group button (e.g., group A) to permanently select a group for parameter adjustments. In the meantime, press another group button (e.g., group and turn the dial simultaneously to temporarily adjust its parameter without changing the permanent selection status of the former group (i.e.group A).
3. The group commands now extend to the menu. Short press any group button in the menu will activate or deactivate the group as it does in the main screen. Press and hold any group button in the menu will instruct V6 to return to the main screen and select the group.
Firmware 1.1.004 (updated on 2014.11.13)
- Fixed the problem of not responding to the first trigger after the V6 is powered on in channel 13-16.
- Fixed the issue of retrieving the last delay timer setting when the V6 is powered on in RX mode, even though the timer has been turned off before the power cycle.
- Fixed the problem in the Phottix Mitros (or Mitros + ) flash profile of not responding to the V6 after the flash capacitor has been fully discharged.
- Fixed the incorrect number of found flashes shown in absolute power setup in V6 TX.
- Fixed the unintended toggling between swap function (Zoom (Cactus) or Quick Power Adjustment) and the power level screen after setting up the absolute power or choosing a flash profile in V6 TX.
- Released the following flash profiles for Four-Third and Micro Four-Third system from Olympus and Panasonic*: Olympus FL-50R, FL-36R; Panasonic FL-500R, FL-360R; Metz 58 AF-2, 52 AF-1, 44 AF-1.
*Note: The following models will NOT be available in the later firmware updates, due to the limitation of the hardware design: Olympus FL-600R, FL-300R; Panasonic FL-580L, FL-360L.
- Released the profile for Godox V860N for Nikon.
Firmware 1.0.185 (updated on 2014.9.18)
- Fixed the problem of V6 TX not transmitting signal by hot shoe triggering when being switched on in channel 10 -16. When the problem occurs, pressing the test button once will activate the V6 again.
Firmware1.0.184 (updated on 2014.8.29)
-Fixed the incorrect and inconsistent flash power output of Nikon SB-900 and SB-700, especially the 1/2 power and 1/1 full power.
-Fixed the occasional erratic changes in setting when working with Nikon SB-800.
-Fixed the relay mode in RX not working properly in Channel 1 after upgrading to 1.0.175.
-Fine-tuned the response of the push-in button.
-Fine-tuned the response of the test button to prevent duplicated triggering
- Fixed the incorrect and inconsistent flash power output of SB-900 and SB-700, especially the 1/2 power and 1/1 full power.
- Fixed the relay mode in RX not working properly in Channel 1 after upgrading to 1.0.175.
- Fine-tuned the response of the push-in button.
- Fine-tuned the response of the test button to prevent duplicated triggering.
- Fixed the missing highlight of the chosen group on the TX main screen after selecting a single group and switching to or from the Zoom (Cactus) mode.
- Flash power output in the profiles of Nikon SB-910, SB-900 and SB-700 recalibrated.
- Selection dial lock: To prevent unintended turning of the selection dial and its consequence in affecting the power levels being set unintentionally, the dial can now be locked:
On the TX main screen, pressing and holding the selection dial or the OK button for 2 seconds will lock the selection dial from adjusting all group or single group power level. (Note: The short-cut to adjust a single group power level by pressing a group button and turning the dial simultaneously will be unaffected.)
To temporarily unlock the selection dial, press the selection dial or OK button once. Alternatively, press and hold any group button to select a group for power level adjustment. The dial will be locked again when no button or dial is pressed or turned for 2 seconds.
To permanently unlock the selection dial, press and hold the selection dial or the OK button for 2 seconds.
- Group sequence: In the new menu item <GROUP SEQUENCE> on the TX units, choose one of the following options to trigger the RX units in a group sequence:
A-B-C-D: The first trigger in a series will fire group A, then group B and so on. The fifth trigger will fire group A and start the cycle again. Another series will restart at group A when there is no triggering event in 2 seconds.
AB-CD: The first trigger in a series will fire group A and B together, then group C and D. The third trigger will fire group A and B, and start the cycle again. Another series will restart at group AB when there is no triggering event in 2 seconds.
- Fixed the wrong delay time execution when S1 mode is activated in TX mode.
- Fixed the problem related to the flash profile of Nissin Di-700 for Nikon which instantly enters into sleep mode after being triggered.
- Fixed the occasional problem in flash triggering when the V6 TX is in TTL passthrough mode by streamlining the TTL passthrough signals as per the FLASH PROFILE chosen in the TX menu. To prevent unintended firing (or misfiring) or no triggering in TTL passthrough mode, choose any Canon flash profile for a Canon flash, Nikon flash profile for a Nikon flash. For other camera systems, please choose MANUAL FLASH to work with the TTL passthrough mode. Choosing a Nikon profile to work with a Canon flash in TTL passthrough mode could cause unintended triggering.
- The TTL passthrough status will be memorized when the V6 is switched off.
- Fixed the problem of not firing properly when choosing the MANUAL FLASH profile for some of the Nikon i-TTL flash models.
New features and user interface improvements:
- Flash UNLOCK function added to the RX mode. Press and hold [MENU] button will unlock the flash in RX mode. The LCD screen will show <FLASH UNLOCKED> instantly. Users would be able to adjust the setting on the flash. The flash will be locked again upon subsequent triggering. (Note: Press and hold [MENU] button in TX mode, which activates the TTL passthrough mode, will unlock the flash on V6 TX as well.)
- Delay timer setting:
a) The timeout of the delay timer setting menu is prolonged to 60 seconds. After 60 seconds of inactivity, the delay timer setting will end and the LCD will return to the main screen.
b) The decimal digit before the one being set will be adjusted, so that 0009 will become 0010 (or 0900 will become 1000) when users increase the selected digit from 9 to 0 or 0010 will become 0009 (or 0500 will become 0490) when users decrease the selected digit from 0 to 9.
- Profile learning:
a) The maximum GN (in meters) supported has been increased from 70 to 80.
b) Twp steps have been reorganized for smoother experience. The step <LEARN SYSTEM: CANON / NIKON / PENTAX> will go first and then the LCD will show <SET FLASH TO TTL MODE: GO>. Upon confirming with <GO>, the flash will test fire twice.
- Fixed the problem of the V6 TX locking the V5 RX in the same channel.
- Unified the behaviors when the V5 RX is triggered by the V6 TX by full-pressing test button and hot shoe sync, with no group being activated; V5 RX will not be triggered if no group is activated on the V6 TX.
- Further optimized the timeout value of the pre-flash in S2: MAIN FLASH to avoid misidentification of the main flash in a rear-curtain long exposure set up as another pre-flash. It now supports rear-curtain long exposure up to 2 second.
- Resolved the problem of misfiring the RX units when wrong flash profiles are selected in V6 TX in TTL pass-through mode.
- A new configurable option called WORK RANGE in the SUB-MENU. The option SHORT is offered for users who need to place the V6 TX very close to the V6 RX units (e.g. when shooting macro), while the option LONG is for normal shooting.
- Fixed the problem of the V6 not retaining the EV offset value (accessible in the menu CHOOSE PROFILE -> LEARNED -> PROFILE NAME -> MODIFY) of the learned flash profiles.
- Redefined the timeout value of the pre-flash in S2: MAIN FLASH to avoid misidentification of the main flash in a rear-curtain long exposure set up as another pre-flash.
- Renamed the pre-installed flash profile 580EX2 and 430EX to 580EX* and 430EX* respectively, so as to reflect the compatibility of the renamed profiles to all versions of the model (e.g. 580EX* works with both 580EX II and 580EX).
- Fixed the problem of the V6 TX ignoring extremely short trigger signal inputs via x-sync port.
- Fixed the wrong label of Metz flashes in the Pentax system flash profile list;
- Fixed the problem of the V6 TX erasing the finer precision of the group power levels after adjusting them to and from Lo power in quick power adjustment mode.
- Fixed the problem of the V6 TX not retrieving the original EV step after switching off in quick power adjustment mode.