RF60 not turning on

I bought this less than a year ago from B&H photo.  I tried updating this today and now I can't turn it on. How do I get this fixed.

I really like this flash.

Comments

• Hello @Traveler01

I am sorry to hear about this.  To get it fixed, simply return it to B&H.

In the meantime you could first test if you could udpate the firmware.
    First, connect your RF60 to your computer using a mini USB cable.  You do not need to switch on the RF60 - as soon as it is plugged to the computer, it powers the flash and you can go right to updating the firmware.

Fingerscrossed after the firmware you could power it up, though I suspect its a contact issue with the power switch. So your firmware test above may be able to confirm this - that the flash may be working internally.

In any case, since the RF60 is still within the one year warranty, you may contact B&H directly for warranty support.  Thank you!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I hooked it up and updated it with the older firmware update. The newest update has an error in it, however I did not have to call B&H. It works well