Only Displays Cactus V6 V1.1.019, Cannot enter Menu

I have uploaded the latest firmware, V1.0.019, for one of my V6 triggers.

When I switch on one of my V6 triggers in either TX or RX mode, the display just shows, ' Cactus V6 V1.1.019' and the Group LEDs for A, B and C illuminated (D is not illuminated). Pressing the Menu button has no effect, and depressing the Group buttoned does't turn them on or off.

Anyone encountered this problem before, and if so, is there a remedy, or has the Trigger now failed completely?

Francis Pullen

Comments

• That's really weird!  I haven't heard of a similar problem reported before.

Have you tried installing an older version on your V6 and see if it switches on normally?

And if that works, then try installing 1.1.019 again?

Let us know how it goes. Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio, thanks for your reply.

I've just re-connected the V6 to my computer and launched the Firmware  Updater. I then pressed the Menu button and switched on the V6 (to Rx mode), and a message appears in the Updater window next to the 'Progress' bar, 'Embedded file is corrupted or missing'.

I tun clicked on the 'Check for latest Firmware' box and Select V1.1.016
    The Progress bar shows: Download Finished. Press UPDATE to start.
    I click on Update
    The Progress bar shows: Firmware update completed.
    The V6 display shows: Cactus V6 V1.1.016
    I switch off the V6 and disconnect it from my computer
    I insert the batteries.
    The display shows Cactus V6 V1.1.016, and the Group buttons A, B, C are illuminated (D is not).
    Pressing the Group buttons or the Menu buttons has no effect (the original fault status I reported).

It appears pretty terminal to me!
    Francis Pullen

• Hello Francis,

I have forwarded your case to our R&D guys. While waiting for their response, have you already tried a factory reset?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello Antonio,
    Thanks for forwarding to your R&D.
    How do I do a factory reset please?
    Francis
  • Antonio,
    I can't do a Factory Reset, as pressing the Menu button doesn't display the Sub-Menu or any options at all. The display just remains at the firmare version number.
    Francis
  • Hi Francis,

Before updating to the latest firmware, was your V6 functioning properly? i.e. were you able to access the Menu, etc?

It could be the update process crashed the program and may have damaged the hardware.

It is very likely you will need to return it to us for servicing.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hi Antonio

Yes my V6 was functioning perfectly before updating to the latest firmware, and was able to access all the Menu and Group functions.

Please send me the address to return it for servicing.

Alternatively, could the original supplier, Lovegrove Consulting, just exchange it for a replacement?

Thank you
    Francis
  • edited April 2016 PM
    Hello Francis,

If your V6 is within the 1-year warranty you may return it to us and there won't be any labour or parts fee. So you can send it back and we will service it for you. If it is easier to deal with Lovegrove Consulting directly, you may go through the same procedures though it may take a little longer (you > Lovegrove > our UK distributor > Cactus).  

Our shipping address is:

11A, Block 2, Koon Wah Mirror Factory (6th) Industrial Building,
    7-9 Ho Tin Street, Tuen Mun,
    New Territories,
    HONG KONG

You send it back in a bubble jiffy bag without original packaging.

Should you need further assistance please feel free to contact us at info@cactus-image and quote this discussion thread.

Thank you for your understanding during this time.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager