V6 II S

Would it be possible to find out if the upcoming V6IIS for Sony cameras will be a Sony only model or its it a a standard V6II with added Sony capability i.e. will it work only with Sony or will it work with other bodies such as Fuji or Olympus etc as well.  

Any help appreciated. 

Comments

• Hello @stoneysnapper

It's going to be a Sony-only model, with both the top and bottom hot shoes bearing the Sony Multi Interface (MI) shoe design.

So for your Fuji and Olympus cameras, you will need the V6 II.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello @stoneysnapper

It's going to be a Sony-only model, with both the top and bottom hot shoes bearing the Sony Multi Interface (MI) shoe design.

So for your Fuji and Olympus cameras, you will need the V6 II.
    Ok thanks Antonio. I've decided to sell my Fuji now anyway so one less problem to worry about. Thanks for info. 
  • When will the V6 MKll S be shipping?

• Hello @Graham_Darlington

There's been a bit of delay with debugging and we hope to complete final checks within the next couple month.

As soon as we have an official date we will annouce it. Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • i own the catcus v6 trigger and recently bought a sony camera. if i purchased a v6 IIs would it be compatible with my v6 so i can still trigger my strobes? 
  • Hello @mrccupid3

Your V6 works with Sony cameras too. 
    Despite the centre pin on Sony camera is slightly off-centered than standard ISO hot shoes, it still aligns with V6's bottom hot shoe's centre pin.

If you need HSS, you need to upgrade your entire set to the new V6 IIs.

FYI existing V6, after new firmware in October 2016, will only support Power Sync - power boost over full power (normal flash pulse), and not the typical HSS (long pulsing flash).

Do your strobes support HSS natively? Is there a HI-Speed / HSS function that you can turn on? If so, you may plug the V6 IIs (RX) directly to sync port of the strobe. Power has to be adjusted on the strobe.

However if your strobe does not support HSS natively, in order to support HSS, it has to have a flash duration of 1/100s or longer, at t0.1.

Hope this helps.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager