Use a V6 to as remote trigger with a V5 to trigger the camera

Hi,

I have a V6, a V5 and RF60. What I want to do now is to use the V6 off camera to set power, the RF60 as flash and the V5 to trigger the camera with a cable. Is that possible? I have seen it work with two V6 in relay mode but with the V5 the camera triggers already when I hlaf press the test button where as the flash fire with a full press. I hope this makes sense.

Comments

• Hello @rreopjopo

You have two options:
    1. Buy one more V5, because it doesn't have Relay Mode and you need to hold the V6 in your hand as that's the unit you adjust power of the RF60.
    2. Sell your V5 and buy another V6. One V6 in your hand as the controller (remote control + remote shutter release), one V6 on camera that's doing the relay, and RF60 off-camera.

Let me know if I am understnding your setup correclty.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • @rreopjopo:
    Are you saying the camera attached to the V5 already fires when you half-press the test button on the V6?

That shouldn't be the case. Have you manufactured the triggering cable yourself? If so, it seems like you may have mixed the wiring.

Your proposed setup should work by entering a delay on the RF60 that corresponds to the shutter lag of your camera.
  • It's the cable that came with the V5 not self made.