New V6 firmware date?

From what I have read, there is a new firmware coming for the V6 triggers that will make them compatible with the V6 II triggers. 
Is there any indication how far away this firmware release is? 
Are we talking days? weeks? months?

Thank you.
Adrian
adrian

Comments

• Hello Adrian,

I am glad you asked. We are working on it, though a bit complicated in making the new digital to talk with the old analogue, we estimate to release new firmware for the V6 by October 2016.

Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thank you for the update.
    Looking forward to being able to mix the V6 and V6 II units.
    adrian
  • Hey Adrian

Any news on the release date of the new firmware for the V6. Will it still be October 2016.

My speedlight
    setup consists of: 2xRF60, 3x V6, One on the camera, One to trigger a FL-50r
    Olympus Flash and one to trigger a Canon 430EZ flash. With this setup I can almost do
    everything I wish for right now. It's perfect for my needs. My camera's are the Fujifilm Xpro2 and XT-2.

I have bought a
    V6II. When the shutter speed
    is faster than the sync speed I work with ND filters. This is not so convenient.

To use a RF60 in HSS with the V6II,  I have to upgrade
    the flash to a version higher than 2.0. If I upgrade
    one RF60 then my whole speedlight system stops working.

The V6II can't
    trigger the V6 at this moment. OK … no problem. If I use my speedlight system
    with the 4 flashes I will use the V6 on camera and every thing is
    back as before. Oh .. No ... V6 does not trigger a RF60 with firmware higher
    than 2.0

OK, (not really) I
    break my piggy bank open and buy 2 extra V6II and
    upgrade the second RF60 to version 2.0x.

Sh…(yes 4
    letters)... I have to buy a new flash also ! My Canon 430EZ is not compatible
    with the V6II anymore…. Perhaps it’s beter to buy two new RF60 speedlights ….

Don't
    understand me wrong ! It is wonderful what Cactus does. Otherwise
    I would not take the time to write this. Flash profile Learning, absolute power
    levels etc. Cactus strategy is based on the possibility to use old flashes.
    That's why the serious amateur choose for your system. .... beautiful !

If there was an
    upgrade for the V6 at this moment, everything was solved. So…, my question, …. when
    does cactus releases the new firmware for the V6?

Thanks for understanding.

Kind Regards

Kris

• Hey Antonio,

If I change the header of my post from "Hey Adrian" to "Hey Antonio", does that help to get more quickly an answer ? :-)

Sorry Adrian, my mistake.

Kind regards

Kris

• Hey Kris,

We don't have a fixed date yet but we are going full steam ahead with the new V6 firmware. It will be released in Ocotober.

Thank you for your patience :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.