Flash Point 600 / Jinbei HD 600

Will it work with this strobe? The strobe has a sync line in.

Comments

• I have the V6II and the Jinbei and I tried to get them to work together but I could not get beyond the Sync Speed. This was with a Fujifilm X-Pro 2.
    I used a V6 II as receiver with a cable to the sync line in and another V6 II as transmitter on the camera.
    At 1/500th, I already got a black bar covering half my frame and no tweaking with the Power Sync solved it.
    I also tried it with the Godox AD600 and the CononMk i6 EX Leopard and could not get it to work with any of those, either.
    The manual says somewhere that in order for Powersync to work, the full power flash duration must be lower than - if I recall correctly - 1/120th or so. I think all these flashes have a faster flash duration. But I also think that speedlights like the RF60 have a faster duration and yet with those, it works...
    So, I don't know if it simply does not work or if I'm doing something wrong... Any insight from a Cactus engineer would be greatly appreciated...
  • Will it work with this strobe? The strobe has a sync line in.
    Yes it will. :)
    But Power Sync only.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 

• I have the V6II and the Jinbei and I tried to get them to work together but I could not get beyond the Sync Speed. This was with a Fujifilm X-Pro 2.
    There's a bug on 1.1.001 - for now select the NIKON flash profile and it will work in Power Sync.

And I see that you have already go through the LEARN HSS procedure.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • So it means it only work in PowerSync? Can the power be adjusted? or it needs be always full power? I am trying to Hook it up with a Godox AD360II on a Fuji X-T1.
  • So it means it only work in PowerSync? Can the power be adjusted? or it needs be always full power? I am trying to Hook it up with a Godox AD360II on a Fuji X-T1.
    Godox AD360II can do both Normal HSS and Power Sync.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Did you get the hyper/powersync to work whit v6ii + jinbei 600v + fuji x-t1?
  • Did you get the hyper/powersync to work whit v6ii + jinbei 600v + fuji x-t1?
    Yes, it works!  I just tested the exact setup at 1/4000s.

Power Sync on V6 II mounted on a Fujifilm X-T1, triggering Jinbei HD600, connected to another V6 II in RX mode.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• I have power sync working too, but its always full power which is way too much most of the time.
    Can something be done to reduce power say normal HSS?
  • I have power sync working too, but its always full power which is way too much most of the time.
    Can something be done to reduce power say normal HSS?
    the HD600 is a bit werid. It has the high-speed sync H icon that can be switched on, I tried doing that, with the V6 II Tx set to Normal HSS but on the bottom there is a small line of shadow (banding issue). Perhaps their flash pulse is not long enough?  You can give that a try too.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Would V6 ii on X-Pro2 and V6 ii as RX on Godox AD600M trigger the Godox in HSS mode or just in PowerSync mode? Or do I need the Godox AD600 with TTL for HSS to work??
  • Yes we tested the AD600 and it works.

AD600 supports HSS natively, as long as you turn on the HSS function, triggering it via the 3.5mm sync port will just be fine.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Thanks Antonio, but are you talking about the AD600 with TTL or plain manual AD600??
    Because there are two versions: AD600 with TTL and AD600M which is totally manual.
  • ...AD600M which is totally manual.
    Totally manual? Does it has its own dedicated flash trigger? Is there a HSS function?

FYI the Cactus RF60 is also a manual flash but it supports HSS :)

If not, then you will have to use it as a normal strobe and you need to look at its flash duration, which has to be 1/100s or longer. at t0.1.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

Godox AD360II can do both Normal HSS and Power Sync.

Will it work with the Godox AD360(first version) not the II? And what do I need? Can I use the FT16 trigger on top of the Cactus V6ii transmitter? Or do I need two V6ii, and plug it to the Godox?

Thanks

• Will it work with the Godox AD360(first version)
    Does the first version supports HSS?
    if it does then it should not be a problem.

If it does not support HSS, you will need to check if the flash duration is 1/100s or longer (at t.01).

You don't need to FT16 if you don't mind walk over the to flash to adjust the power. The FT16 does not need to attach to any of the Cactus V6 II units. Instead connect V6 II directly to the flash.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Will it work with the Godox AD360(first version)
    Does the first version supports HSS?
    if it does then it should not be a problem.

If it does not support HSS, you will need to check if the flash duration is 1/100s or longer (at t.01).

You don't need to FT16 if you don't mind walk over the to flash to adjust the power. The FT16 does not need to attach to any of the Cactus V6 II units. Instead connect V6 II directly to the flash.

Thanks!

Yes, it does have HSS and it can be set manually.

I was thinking of using the FT16, so I would only have to buy one Cactus V6ii, instead of two.
  • I have still having issues of no power hss on my Xt1 and 600hd.

Please tell me clearly the rx and tx unit settings - its driving me crazy as I have tried everything.

Thank you.
  •  HI @matt9824

Try this:
    1. Mount your first V6 II on camera (X-T1) hot shoe
    2. Switch on the X-T1
    3. Switch on the hot shoe mounted V6 II to TX mode - and at the same time, half-press X-T1 shutter release button for the V6 II to auto-detect the camera as Fujifilm (the V6 II must detect it as Fujifilm otherwise there's no point in proceeding to below steps).
    4. Press V6 II (TX) Menu button, scroll to Functions, click OK when you see LEARN HSS, follow the on-screen instructions
    5. Leave the default Sync Mode in Normal HSS.
    6. Push-in the Adjustment Dial on the V6 II (TX) to manually turn on the Forced HSS for Fujifilm (do so when you take a shot above x-sync).
    7. Connect your second V6 II to the HD600 via sync cord (3.5mm)
    8. Switch on the HD600
    9. Turn on HD600's HSS mode
    10. Switch on the V6 II to RX mode (it will detect the flash as MANUAL)
    Hope this helps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• I followed this to the letter, I also did every possible option for hours!
    It does not work.
    I have the latest firmware on all.
    I own 4 v6ii and tried them all, on 2 different xt1's.
    When pressing turn on forced hss, the flash then stops firing all together.
    Being honest its a nightmare, as then stops and starts working at normal shutter speeds.
    Crazy.... spent a fortune on your stuff !!!!
  • How the, do you do this - nothing works for me!
    Did you get the hyper/powersync to work whit v6ii + jinbei 600v + fuji x-t1?
    Yes, it works!  I just tested the exact setup at 1/4000s.

Power Sync on V6 II mounted on a Fujifilm X-T1, triggering Jinbei HD600, connected to another V6 II in RX mode.

• Hi, can you advise further on this and my above messages, thank you 
  • Hi, can you advise further on this and my above messages, thank you 
    Have you seen this video?

Answer my questions below:
    1. Did you remove the metal spring plate from your X-T1's hot shoe?
    2. Did your V6 II TX unit recognized the camera as Fujifilm?
    3. Did you turn on Forced HSS before taking a shot above 1/180s?
    Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Thanks.

Testing and testing, and worked out a power up proceedure that finially works.

I get normal HSS, 1/1 power down to 1/16 power at speeds upto 1/4000 with no black bars. Power control and every I would expect.

It was hard work, but now no issues - shot today no problems, no miss fires etc, swapping from normal speeds to HSS serveal times.

Thanks guys )))
  • Graet news, thanks for the update @matt9824.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager