RF60 has delayed flash with FORCED HSS? Try this out
Special thanks to Antonio Lao for helping me out on this issue. Best customer support ever! Very responsive.
FORCED HSS causes 3 second delay from shutter to flash on the RF60.
Reinstall firmware of RF60.
I recently purchased the new V6 II. First thing I did was update the firmware of the V6 II and my three RF60s. I followed the instructions for forcing HSS with Fujifilm cameras, but had issues with the V6 II not detecting my camera. Antonio helped me out with the following:
- Remove metal plate on the hot shoe (very easy to do) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-c3tTKGAIM
- Have V6 II set to Camera Settings (AUTO) in the Camera and Flash Set Up sub-menu
- Fit V6 II onto your hotshoe
- Turn on X-T1
- Half-press the shutter
- Turn on V6 II to TX mode
- Watch for the detection. If your Fujifilm is detected correctly you should see "[F]" indicating that the V6 II recognizes your Fujifilm. If it's blank "[ ]" check your hotshoe that the pins are correctly fitted. Remove the metal plate if you have not
- Run LEARN HSS. Shoot at 1/1000 as instructed.
- Toggle the scroll bar to turn FORCED HSS to ON.
- Fire away
There should not be a delay with the RF60 when you push the shutter and when the flash triggers. If you notice a delay, turn off the FORCED HSS and check for duration of delay. If you notice that there is a delay, simply reinstall the firmware of your RF60.
I found this issue out after trying out my other 2 RF60s. Of the 3, only 1 had a delay from shutter to flash trigger.
Hope this helps you out! Thanks again Antonio for the assist.