Mix V6 and V6II transceivers

Is it actually possible to have an HSS capable V6II mounted on a cam and fire a flash that is mounted on a V6 with 1/1000 for instance? (and maybe set the delay of the flash to fit the shutter speed if it doesnt work out right out of the box?) 

Comments

• This will work once Cactus has released a V6 firmware update.

However, it will only work in PowerSync mode, i.e., with flashes firing at full power. The V6 will never be HSS compatible.
  • Thanks Class A.

@patarok, we plan to release new firmware version for the V6 later October this year to support Power Sync when triggered by the V6 II / V6 IIs.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • what about all these ?

• 1.why my v6 II do not do assist light?
    2. why it fires on all zones not on zone it is selected
    3. also if i use it as main camera trigger for other 3 v6 only trigers it lacks consistancy.
    4. v6 II do not seem to react to remote power adjust settings ?
    5. hss do not work with v6 being remote triggers

my system pentax , 3 v6, 1 v6 II. 
    all have latest firmware
  • Hello @cizikas

Here are the answers:
    1. AF assist LED on the V6 II comes on only if your camera sends out such a signal to the hot shoe. FYI, many other camera manufacturers stopped supporting this function on their recent models, such as Olympus and Sony. In response to the demand we are studying the possibility of adding a user-activated AF assist.
    2. You can turn on and off flash groups by pressing the group buttons, A B C and D. Since you only have one (1) V6 II, you will need additional V6 II transeivers set to RX (receiver mode) in order to work properly. As mentioned in my earlier post, the current firmware version on the V6 DOES NOT WORK with the V6 II.
    3. As mentioned in my earlier post, the current firmware version on the V6 DOES NOT WORK with the V6 II.
    4. V6 II set to RX and V6 I to TX? In any case, the current firmware version on the V6 DOES NOT WORK with the V6 II.
    5. The V6 will never support HSS when triggered by the V6 II (this compatibility Information is included on the V6 II's listing).  Only Power Sync is supported on the V6. The reason is because there's a fundamental difference between V6 and V6 II. V6 works with Analogue TTL protocol and V6 II works with Digital TTL protocol. And many Analogue TTL flash models do not support HSS.
    I hope the above answers your questions and clears any confusion you may have.  Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • thanks for your answers,

Is Power Sync currently supported with say on camera v6II shutter higher than 1/200  to control other just v6 flash attached ?
    (If so please provide setting instructions to make this happen)

i have 1 v6ii and 3 v6 and need higher that 1/200 shutter speeds support - can it be achieved at the moment ? 

also please provide valid ETA for v6 to work with v6ii ? 
    Any beta testing firmware available at the moment ?

if non of this is working why v6ii is out on market if it is non functional or any better at the moment ?
    (i am non interested in your flashes or full upgrade to only v6II)
  • ...also please provide valid ETA for v6 to work with v6ii ? 
    Any beta testing firmware available at the moment ?

By the end of September we should have the new V6 firmware.

Is Power Sync currently supported with say on camera v6II shutter higher than 1/200  to control other just v6 flash attached ?
    (If so please provide setting instructions to make this happen)

You cannot make this happen until we release new firmware on the V6.

If you are interested in setting Power Sync on the V6 II (transmitter), you may refer to page 56 of the User Manual.

i have 1 v6ii and 3 v6 and need higher that 1/200 shutter speeds support - can it be achieved at the moment ? 

No, as mentioned above in earlier posts, this is only possible next month when we release new firmware for the V6.

if non of this is working why v6ii is out on market if it is non functional or any better at the moment ?
    (i am non interested in your flashes or full upgrade to only v6II)
    V6 II runs on digital protocol.
    V6 runs on analogue protocol

They are two very different animals.

So the V6 has very limited supported when it is triggered by the V6 II.
    V6 supports portable flashes with analogue TTL. Many of them do not even support HSS. 

What portable flash models are you currently using?

In order for HSS to work, the receive must also run on digital protocol. The V6 is not digital.

On the other hand, Power Sync does not require digital. It is pure timing setting. However we do not recommend using Power Sync all the time because such power boost (sometimes even higher than its normal full power) may overheat the portable flash and in the long run may shorten the life of the flash tube.

If you need HSS, you should really consider upgrading to the V6 II.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• edited September 2016

• Hi @GN02357142

Pleas post your message again, it's not showing up.

Use plain texts, no special formatting from Word processing programs nor HTML text.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager