Fujifilm Pro-2 / V6 II & Metz AF-2 digital

edited August 2016 in V6 II Suggestions
Hi,

Just received my two Cactus V6 II today and try to get things work correctly. My configuration is as above. Using a Fujifilm Pro-2 (and sometimes as a backup XT-1) together with a Metz 44 AF-2.

To be honest I am not sure what to use in the cactus setups for my gear.

As soon as the Fuji EF500 will be available I'll buy it. Hopefully Cactus will be quick with supporting that Flash. For now... I'm stuck with the above configuration.

All suggestions are very welcome.

Cheers,
Charles

Comments

• ...To be honest I am not sure what to use in the cactus setups for my gear.

Sorry but what do you mean by this?

Mount one V6 II, set to TX mode, on one of your Fujifilm camera, then mount your Metz flash on the other V6 II, set to RX mode.

Be sure to follow the steps on start-up, listed on the Quick Start Guide.

...As soon as the Fuji EF500 will be available I'll buy it. Hopefully Cactus will be quick with supporting that Flash.
    We will - as soon as it is available!

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • BTW, you original posted this thread under the V6 IIs Sony section, I will move it to the V6 II section.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi,

Just received my two Cactus V6 II today and try to get things work correctly. My configuration is as above. Using a Fujifilm Pro-2 (and sometimes as a backup XT-1) together with a Metz 44 AF-2.

To be honest I am not sure what to use in the cactus setups for my gear.

As soon as the Fuji EF500 will be available I'll buy it. Hopefully Cactus will be quick with supporting that Flash. For now... I'm stuck with the above configuration.

All suggestions are very welcome.

Cheers,
    Charles

• BTW, you original posted this thread under the V6 IIs Sony section, I will move it to the V6 II section.
    Sorry, thanks for the answer. 

What i mean is the problem that it seems to me that the Metz isn't exactly a 'Fuji' flashlight neither it acts like this. The power is not controlable it seeems, no matter settings on the camera connected (TX) V6ii, the flashlight gives me the same amount of light (while the cactus that is connected to this flashlight (RX) sees the other one. 
    So my question is/was, what do I need to use in the setups for both cactus units. Camera is auto detected as FUJI, so that will be OK i suppose. Flash system?? FUJI too ? and finally flash profile ???
    I wish there was a Metz 44 profile(  like there is for Nissin and fuji 42) but there is not.

Put the Metz flash light it self on TTL ? Seems that this is not supported !?

Thanks again!
    Charles

• ...What i mean is the problem that it seems to me that the Metz isn't exactly a 'Fuji' flashlight neither it acts like this.

Hi Charles,  what do you mean by that?

Quick check:
    1. Mount your Metz 44 AF-2 (for Fujifilm) on the V6 II
    2. Switch on the flash
    3. Set the flash to TTL mode
    4. Switch on the V6 II to RX mode.
    By default settings, the V6 II should auto-detect the flash sytem and applies an AUTO flash profile.

Does it do that?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager