V6 IIs with Sony A7Rii and RF60 (AF Assists Beam not working)

Can anyone please help?
I cannot get, V6IIs - AF Assists beam to light up. My camera setup, Sony A7Rii with V6IIs and RF60. Are there any special settings to set up, thanks.

Comments

• Sony A7 series cameras do not send an AF signal to the hot shoe.

Even if you mount a Sony HVL flash on the A7 series camera the AF assist LEDs on the HVL flash will not come on.

We are working on a user-activated AF assist function on the V6 II  and V6 IIs. Hopefully it will be available soon.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • If I have all Cactus units; V6 ll and RF-60 flashes (on the V6 and remote) for use on my Panasonic FZ1000, will AF assist work?
  • If I have all Cactus units; V6 ll and RF-60 flashes (on the V6 and remote) for use on my Panasonic FZ1000, will AF assist work?
    It all depends on your camera - FZ1000.

To test, mount a Panasonic system flash that is equipped with AF assist.  If the AF assist turns on that means the camera can send out such a signal.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Was this feature ever implemented? I'm considering buying a V6 IIs and AF assist would be great.

We are working on a user-activated AF assist function on the V6 II  and V6 IIs. Hopefully it will be available soon.

• Was this feature ever implemented? I'm considering buying a V6 IIs and AF assist would be great.
    A similar feature was already introduced to the V6II. I guess that Cactus is improving it.
    A similar feature was already introduced to the V6II. I guess that Cactus is improving it.
    So are you saying that the V6 IIs does now support this feature or only the standard V6 II?

• So are you saying that the V6 IIs does now support this feature or only the standard V6 II?
    Something like that:

From the V6II Release Notes document:

"Firmware V1.1.005
    New features:
    -
    Firmware version display: The firmware version being installed is now shown in
    <FIRMWARE VERSION> under
    <
    PREFERENCES>
    -
    A
    F
    -
    assist Continuous
    m
    ode: For cameras that do not support AF
    -
    assist on
    external flashes, use AF
    -
    continuous mode. In <PREFERENCES> menu of the V6 II
    TX, turn the selection dial to <AF
    -
    CONTINUOUS>. Press [OK] and turn the
    selection dial to swi
    tch <ON> or <OFF> the AF
    -
    assist continuous mode.
    Notes:
    The LED will switch off automatically before a flash is fired to prevent the AF
    -
    assist light from
    being exposed in the picture. The LED will switch off for one
    second for each shot.
    The RX units will
    synchronize the AF
    -
    assist command from the TX.
    No setup is
    required"
  • Hey Sony people, this <AF-CONTINUOUS> function will also be available on the V6 IIs on the upcoming firmware release.

Sorry it took so long as we were fixing other bugs altogether. It will be available within the next two weeks.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Hey Sony people,
    Great news!