Flash power won't adjust

I'm using a V6 II on a Fuji X-E2 to trigger an Olympus FL-50R on a V6. The flash will fire, but I can't adjust the flash power. No matter what I do the flash power on the receiver V6 seems fixed on 1/128 and won't change.

Comments

• Hi @andy26,

First of all, the X-E2 is not supported on the V6 II for HSS; we post an update on the compatilibty notes: http://www.cactus-image.com/v6ii.html

Camera(s) tested that does not support high-speed sync modes on the Cactus V6 II:
    • Fujifilm X-E2 (Updated: July 18, 2016)
    • Fujifilm X100T (Updated: September 7, 2016)  
    • Fujifilm X-T2 (Updated: September 9, 2016)

Second, the existing firmware on the V6 DOES NOT WORK with the V6 II. Not until we release new firmware next month, October 2016.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • OK, I'm not overly worried about not having HSS, but if the V6 and V6II aren't compatible then page 15, paragraph 7.3.1 of the V6 II instruction manual is rather ambiguous.
  • Hi Andy,
    ... but if the V6 and V6II aren't compatible
    They are, just not yet.

If you are not worried about HSS then why are you mixing the two different versions of V6? Instead, just get two (2) V6 transceivers instead of the V6 II. The V6  has no issues with the X-E2.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.