Fuji XT-1 with Fuji flash and Sony flash in HSS

I was so happy to learn about the Cactus V6 ii that would make it possible to use HSS with my Fuji XT-1. However, I don't seem to be able to make it work.

Here's my stuff:
Fuji XT-1
Fuji EF-42 flash
Sony HVL-F58AM flash
Sony HVL-F42AM flash

I just bought two Cactus V6ii transceivers and one Cactus V6ii-s transceiver.
What I would like is to make a set with the Fuji flash and the Sony flash. That is why I bought both the ii and the ii-s transceiver. But the Sony flash doesn't fit the transceiver without an adapter (ADP-MAA) which I do not have yet. The Fuji 42 doesn't work HSS (could be that I do something wrong).
What would be the best solution to make this work? 
Can the Sony work with the Fuji XT-1 in HSS? Do I need the Cactus V6ii-s with an ADP-MAA or will it also work with the Cactus V6ii? There's no need for the transceiver to also fit on a Sony camera. If possible I would prefer to just use the Cactus V6ii, because they are also compatible with Nikon or Nissin flashes.

Hope we can make this work!

Comments

• Sorry but Sony flashes (V6 IIs RX) can only be triggered by a Sony camera (V6 IIs TX).

http://www.cactus-image.com/v6iis.html
    As we listed in the footnotes:

"With the exception of Sony system flashes due to special timing requirements where a Sony flash (RX) cannot be triggered by a V6 II (TX), Sony flashes must be paired with a Sony camera in order to support HSS."

You can do it the other way around, that is, shooting on a Sony camera and trigger Sony flashes and other makes, such as Canon, NIkon, Fujifilm... (except Pentax, due to the special timiing requirement).
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks for your reply Antonio. Even though it's not the answer I hoped to hear, it saves me a lot of time trying to make it work.
    I will have to buy me other flashes...
  • The Fuji EF-42 should work using HSS. Have you used the "Forced HSS" option?

I don't know whether your camera model (X-T1?) is compatible with the V6II, though. The Fuji X-T2 does not work with the V6II.

• I will have to buy me other flashes...
    Cactus RF60 would be an option ;)

And sell your Sony flashes? Maybe prices would hold since the announcement of the Sony A99 Mark II.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.