X-sync Port Broken

I recently started using the X-sync port on my Cactus V6 II units to send a trigger signal from my camera. After a few uses, I noticed that my V6 II units were no longer triggering when I connected them to the camera through the X-sync port.

I switched to my other V6 II unit and they worked for a while. But after a few uses they also stopped triggering through the X-sync port.

I tested the PC sync cable with another camera as well as my PocketWizard triggers and all worked as expected. I determined that the problem is the hardware X-sync port on the V6 II units. I believe they are broken. As well, there is no more tension when inserting a 3.5mm jack into the X-sync port. 

One of my units is still within the 30-day return from B&H, while the other unit just passed at 31 days after purchase.

Is there something I can do?

Comments

• Ouch. I am sorry to hear about this.

Contact B&H ASAP - I hope they can give you a 1-day grace period.  If they decline, you will have to send it back to us in Hong Kong.

Thank you and keep us posted.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I was able to return one of my V6 II units to B&H under the 30-day return. However, my other unit was over the 30-day return period. Please advise how I should send it back for repair? Thanks.
  • Technically all our dealers should carry on our 1-year warranty period where they would ship defective returns back to us in one batch. I can send B&H an email and remind them about this.

In case you prefer to send it to us directly, send it to:

Harvest One Ltd.
    11A, Block 2, Koon Wah Mirror Factory (6th) Industrial Building,
    7-9 Ho Tin Street, Tuen Mun,
    New Territories,
    HONG KONG

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited September 2016
    It seems the 3.5mm jack socket on the V6 II is tighter than other similar sockets on my other brand triggers. And when I place the same jack plugs into those triggers they seem to snap in with less resistance but still lock in. I used the other triggers for years without problems.

When I plug into the V6 II jack socket, it is tighter and eventually feels like it breaks after a few uses or comes loose from the motherboard.

Will send my unit back shortly. Thanks.