HSS - Strange shutter line on my Sony A7 original and RF 60

Hi 

I just got myself a V6 II S to go along with my RF60 . It was recognised super easily and fired properly .

BUT ...

As soon as I go to HSS, when I go above 1/200s, there is a black line (covering around 25% of the frame) at the bottom of the image. The line is not straight, like a regular shutter shadow would do.
The problem and the shadow coverage is the same, no matter what shutter speed I use, up to 1/8000, meaning the HSS "works"
The front e-curtain is not enabled on my camera. Do I have to set a delay or something ? I would have liked to insert a picture on this message but don't know how to do it here lol 

Thanks ^^

Comments

• Oh, there it is 

• ... Do I have to set a delay or something ?

No, you don't need to set any delay for Normal HSS.

In fact, you don't need to do anything on the camera for it to work. At least that's what we experienced. One of our Sony camera is the A3000 and it does not have an electronic front curtain.

Too bad our Sony A7 is not in today so I can't check it for you right away.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I work in a camera store (lucky me) so I did some tests and research yesterday.

I got the problem fixed. With the original A7 you HAVE to use the front e-curtain , then it works like a charm ! 
    But the power sync doen't seem to work with my RF60 . 
    Thanks for your answer !
  • I work in a camera store (lucky me) so I did some tests and research yesterday.
    Indeed, you're a luck guy!  Get to play with all the camera models!

I got the problem fixed. With the original A7 you HAVE to use the front e-curtain , then it works like a charm ! 
    Thanks for sharing your findings!

But the power sync doen't seem to work with my RF60 . 

Now that's a first.
    What firmware are you using?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.