V6/V6II do not work with PC sync cable
My Cactus transmitter does not trigger my RF60 flash when connected to my camera via a PC sync to 3.5mm cable. :(
I have tried the following:
- I've updated the Cactus V6's and the RF60's to the latest firmware
- I've used the test button on the V6II when it's not connected to the camera to trigger the flash and the flash fires
- I've connected the V6II to the hotshoe and the flash fires
- But when I connect the V6 to the camera using a PC sync cable, it DOES NOT fire the flash.
- However, if I connect the PC sync cable directly from the camera to the flash it DOES fire (so it's not a cable or a camera issue)
- I've tried the same thing on the 2 older V6's and they have the same issue on the latest firmware.
- I've also tried to revert the firmware to an older version but I don't know which version to use on the V6, V6II and RF60 so they will all still work together?
As a final test I've tried connecting a V6 receiver on channel A to the RF60 using a 3.5 to 3.5 cable. Using another V6 transmitting on channel A, even though the receiver flashes green it doesn't fire the flash. So maybe the 3.5mm input on the V6/V6II doesn't work?! But I can't understand how it would stop working on both V6's and the V6II at the same time?
Can you let me know how I can resolve this? I've run out of ideas.