Fujifilm X-T2 Compatibility with Cactus V6 II to support HSS (Now Supported! v.1.1.005)

Comments

• I asked the same, and it´s true, nobody said anything about that.Now Fuji implemented HSS, so I don´t understand why have we to use the forced HSS.
    Rafael Vida
    Hey Antonio or anyone who can chime in on this topic,

I have mentioned this in a message to Antonio on this thread and to info@cactus-image.com and didn't get a response; Perhaps you were busy as I'm sure this beta firmware is a nightmare.

So my question was in respect to the beta firmware as we continue to use FORCED HSS, why?  

Shouldn't this be auto detected now that XT2 and XP2 are HSS compatible?

In the production FW does Cactus have the intent to get rid of FORCED HSS in favour of an auto detect feature?

If I missed something and another member can provide detail in respect to this let me know.

Thanks and I hope you all had a great photo filled weekend!
    Migel

Perhaps we will get an answer if we show enough interest.

• I'm very interested in the Beta firmware for Fuji. I've sent an email to Cactus as instructed, but have not received any response.

Thanks,

Kurt
  • edited October 2016

Please follow steps below to manually put the beta firmware into your existing Firmware Updater:

For MacOS, please follow below instruction to replace the original firmware file.

In the home directory, there is a hidden folder called “.cactus-updater-files” , all firmware is downloaded to this folder.

1.       Use Terminal to enter to folder. To do that, type TERMINAL in the search bar and hit enter;

2.       Go to the folder by typing this commend in the terminal, “cd .cactus-updater-files”;

3.       in the “.cactus-updater-files” folder, type command ,

curl -o "Cactus V6II-last.fir" "http://www.cactus-image.com/download/firmware_beta/CactusV6II.fir"

4.       Connect the V6II via USB, press the V6II MENU button while switching to either TX or RX to enter the firmware update mode;

5.       Open the firmware and press UPDATE to update the V6II that is connected via mini-USB cable.

For PC, please click below link to download the V6II firmware beta version:

http://www.cactus-image.com/download/firmware_beta/CactusV6II.fir

1.       Replace the original file in the program file folder: 

”C:\Program Files\Cactus Firmware Updater”. 

2.       Open the Firmware Updater, click the UPDATE button to update the V6II that is connected via mini-USB cable. 

• Thanks! Do you know what version the Beta should display on the unit? I updated, but received an error at the end of the update, and I'm trying to confirm whether or not the update was successful.

Thanks,

Kurt
  • edited October 2016
    What its the distance between both devices? If they are too close they interfiere each other. I have to separate them more than 1.5m or change the wireless mode from LONG to SHORT in the menu of the Cactus v6.
    As you can see in the manual:
    The working distance of the V6 II can be
    customized to suit your shooting purpose.
    In , choose when you
    need to place the V6 II TX units very close
    to the RX units (e.g., when shooting macro),
    or choose for normal shots. While the
    option will reduce the maximum
    effective distance of the V6 II by
    approximately 70 percent, it will eliminate
    the interference caused by placing the V6 II
    TX and RX units in close proximity

I came back to post exactly this!  THIS WAS IT.

I just finished a test session.  At the beginning, things were working fine, but then when I moved my light stand in close to the camera it stopped firing, like the bermuda triangle of TX/RX -, but then it would fire as soon as I shifted it out a few inches.  I was like WTF!?

I remember seeing the working range thing in the menu so I went through the menu to change radio -> working distance -> short.  

Boom, FIXED!!  Reliable, repeatable, HSS for the XT-2 !   My fault for not reading the manual :)

• Hi Antonio, It worked like a charm with me - Tested with Godox V850II and Godox A360C

I did not have to remove the cover from the Hotshoe on the camera..

I have a quick, question, If I have 2 camera bodies X-T2, do I need to make the trigger to learn both cameras? or just one will suffice? 

• Hi Antonio, It worked like a charm with me - Tested with Godox V850II and Godox A360C

I have a quick, question, If I have 2 camera bodies X-T2, do I need to make the trigger to learn both cameras? or just one will suffice? 

hi, how do you update ur beta firware? coz i tried mine several times but it wasnt succesfull, i did all their instruction but nothing happened.
  • korzeniewskidaniel
    ... It worked like a charm with me - Tested with Godox V850II and Godox A360C

Great news!

Interesting... technically Fujifilm should be using the same hot shoe.

But I must warn you - if you are one of the people who care a lot about the nice black paint on the hot shoe and  metal spring plate, either always keep the V6 II on the camera, or you should take it off.

That we are not sure as we do not have two identical Fujifilm models.
    I would say learn it separately on the two bodies just to be on the safe side.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited October 2016
    Hi @puchoy

If you are using the Updater running on Mac, make sure you follow word for word, including the quotation marks, etc., and especially spaces!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • XT-2 & Nissan i60a
    TTL pass through not working
  • Please can I have a link to the new beta firmware V1.0.109
    thanks

Use the same link they sent in the email.  The link and file name is the same, but the firmware image is actually new.

I'm curious if we can get some insight or dev/update notes on what has been changed?

Are you sure ? When I try again, I still get 1.0.108 version when pressing A+D and switching to TX ...
  • dear :

can you send new V6 ii beta fw for me ,i have two v6II FOR MY XPRO2,FOR hss,BUT NOT WORK NOW...

THANKS A LOT .
    MAXOHYEAH@GMAIL.COM
    max
  • Tried your instructions on a Mac for terminal to try the beta software and have had no luck. Just say's command not found. 

• Please follow steps below to manually put the beta firmware into your existing Firmware Updater:

For MacOS, please follow below instruction to replace the original firmware file.

In the home directory, there is a hidden folder called “.cactus-updater-files” , all firmware is downloaded to this folder.

1.       Use Terminal to enter to folder. To do that, type TERMINAL in the search bar and hit enter;

2.       Go to the folder by typing this commend in the terminal, “cd .cactus-updater-files”;

3.       in the “.cactus-updater-files” folder, type command ,

curl -o "Cactus V6II-last.fir" " http://www.cactus-image.com/download/firmware_beta/CactusV6II.fir "

4.       Connect the V6II via USB, press the V6II MENU button while switching to either TX or RX to enter the firmware update mode;

5.       Open the firmware and press UPDATE to update the V6II that is connected via mini-USB cable.

• Last login: Mon Oct 24 10:40:31 on ttys000

TorphotographicsMBP:~ torphotographics$ “cd .cactus-updater-files"

> curl -o "Cactus V6II-last.fir" " http://www.cactus-image.com/download/firmware_beta/CactusV6II.fir "

I just can't get this to work. HELP please!

That we are not sure as we do not have two identical Fujifilm models.
    I would say learn it separately on the two bodies just to be on the safe side.

Thanks!

Antonio, so once it learn both both cameras it will memorize both? Or do I need to re-learn if I switch to them?

Also, I am thinking on buying an RF60 to avoid carrying both triggers, will HSS works the same with the X-T2?

hi, how do you update ur beta firware? coz i tried mine several times but it wasnt succesfull, i did all their instruction but nothing happened.

I couldn't do it with the mac, so I did the upgrade in PC using parallels that I have installed on the mac....
  • XT-2 & Nissan i60a
    TTL pass through not working
    Thanks @howie.
    We don't have this model so we will test with other Fujifilm flashes on hand.

Do you have other Fujifilm flash models to test?

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Yes 
    The same happens with the Fuji EF42 
    "TTL Sytems do not match"

• edited October 2016
    Do we have any news as to when there will be a full production release of the firmware to provide support for the XT2, XPro2 with Firmware v2.0 and HSS?

I use Mac OSX 10.12 and find that this command from the email notes does not work

curl -o "Cactus V6II-last.fir" " hZp://www.cactus-
    image.com/download/firmware_beta/CactusV6II.fir "

Any suggestions?

• The 'hZp:' in your command should be 'http:'.  I don't know if anything else is wrong, but that definitely is.
  • For those who are having problems getting the beta version, if you could wait until the weekend, we plan on releasing the firmware on Friday as most of the bugs have been fixed already.

We are not 100% there yet, as we still need the EF-X500 flash in our hands to complete the compatibility study. But at least for now, we are able to offer a workaround for the latest Fujifilm cameras / firmware version.

Thank you all for posting your comments and bug reports!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• So, in this version, do we have to still use the HSS-Forced mechanism for Fuji? 
    And I´m starting to think that the EF-X500 is a myth :-D

• So, in this version, do we have to still use the HSS-Forced mechanism for Fuji? 
    And I´m starting to think that the EF-X500 is a myth :-D

Yes!  We have to wait for the "myth" in order to complete the picture.

So for now, you still gotta hit the dial to turn ON and OFF Forced HSS.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• For those who are having problems getting the beta version, if you could wait until the weekend, we plan on releasing the firmware on Friday as most of the bugs have been fixed already.
    It´s not released yet, isn´t it?

• Hello,

I have the beta firmware 109 and it won't detect my X-t2 as fujifilm ... I have try to press half with no luck.

It's detected as auto (others)

The problem is following I have a Jinbei HD600V.

I can fire the flash, but when I switch "forced HSS ON" the flash doesn't fire anymore.

Thanks in advance for quick help.

Have a nice day.
  • Hi Iam using the beta as well on my X-T2 with V6II Transceivers. I have noticed that the burst rate in continuous shootings depends on the flash. My DSLRs work different, they take the pictures in constant speed an the flash fires if it is ready. On the cactus system the camera waits in a burst until the flash has recycled and is ready. Do you have any idea?

thanks Kirsten
  • edited October 2016
    The 'hZp:' in your command should be 'http:'.  I don't know if anything else is wrong, but that definitely is.

I should have noticed that! :lol:
    Thanks.
    I did actually do the whole process manually via a few hacks and following the rest of the suggested process. My firmware did update with the beta but I found that it didnt work with my SB 800.

I'll see if the latest firmware works for me.
  • Hi Iam using the beta as well on my X-T2 with V6II Transceivers. I have noticed that the burst rate in continuous shootings depends on the flash. My DSLRs work different, ...

thanks Kirsten
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I think all Fujifilm camera has to be in single shot in order for flash to fire, both on and off camera.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager