Compatibility with Broncolor & Profoto

Hi there
Can anyone tell me if they work with broncolor & profoto studio packs. Im looking to use the high speed sync with these makes of flash. Will it work ???
Many thanks...

Comments

• Hello @iain7,

Can anyone tell me if they work with broncolor & profoto studio packs.

We and our distributors have only tested the Profoto B1 and Broncolor Siros L to be working fine.

What specific studio packs model are you using?

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I want to use them with my profoto pro 7a pack & my pro 7b pack.
    As for broncolor i want to use them with my opus packs, primo packs & my minipuls mono heads.
    Many thanks
    Iain
  • Hello Iain,

Sorry for missing your message.

Well we haven't tried those Power Packs before. Does Profoto list flash duration of them at t0.1?  If they don't have a HSS mode then their flash duration needs to be 1/100s or longer in order for V6 II to work in HSS..

If you are not sure it would be best to contact your local Profoto dealer.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) but not by X-TTL firmware versions:  PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet for an "A" version firmware on the V6 (MK1). 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A04 and A03 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 NIK.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio

Thanks for getting back to me.The specifications of the broncolor is..Flash duration t 0.1 1/230 & the profoto is...  t 0.5 1/8000 - 1/600s
    Does that help ? Will it work ?

Many thanks
    Iain

• The Bron duration is too short.  I think only the Move pack and Siros heads with the latest firmware are HSS-capable, because Bron have always focused on the shortest possible flash durations for studio work.

The Profoto might work at t0.5 1/600, but the trouble is Profoto don't publish their t0.1 times.

I'd think the 7B would support HSS though, since it's designed for outdoor shooting where you're likely to need HSS.
  • Hi Iain, no problem.
    ...The specifications of the broncolor is..Flash duration t 0.1 1/230...

You might be able to cut it, but we can't be sure because, to be on the safe side, we recommend the strobe needs to have a flash duration of 1/100s or longer. Now 1/230s is a little iffy.

Profoto one, we need a t0.1 number from them.
    But as @paulster said above, Profoto does not publish their t0.1 times so it's hard to guage.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager