what is radio id for ?

If I set a radio Id of not zero my v6 11 on camera will not fire my rf60 off camera?

Comments

• If I set a radio Id of not zero my v6 11 on camera will not fire my rf60 off camera?
    That is correct. If you change the Radio ID your RF60 flash is not going to work.
    The Radio ID is a "private code" to avoid undesired shots from anyone else using V6II units on same channel.
  • Are all rf60 then radio id0 and channel selected and v6 can be either
  • The Radio ID is a "private code" to avoid undesired shots from anyone else using V6II units on same channel.
    I have the same understanding but wonder why 16 channels are not considered enough to avoid such channel clashes. Do you have any idea?
  • If I set a radio Id of not zero my v6 11 on camera will not fire my rf60 off camera?
    Sorry but RF60 does not support radio ID. Or as 0000.
    So it's only for setting between V6 II / V6 IIs.
    The Radio ID is a "private code" to avoid undesired shots from anyone else using V6II units on same channel.
    I have the same understanding but wonder why 16 channels are not considered enough to avoid such channel clashes. Do you have any idea?
    Well, my take is that probably 80% of the people out there sticks to the default channel 1. And they just don't bother switching to other channels.

But instead of keep changing channels on all the Cactus devices when someone else bumps with yours, simply set a radio ID for that very time and you are good for life.

Of course, do set a unique number, not just 1234, 4321, 1111, etc. The probability is 1 in 10,000, much better than just relying on the channel numbers, which is only 1 in 16. :)
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Antonio,

thanks for the clarification.

If I set my channel to an unusual number, say 8, I'd say I'll be probably be safe for life as well. If I ever bump into another Cactus shooter on the same location, they will probably have their channel set to "1", as you say.

Changing the channel rather than the ID has the advantage of avoiding radio interference with another shooter using the same frequency. The chances of radio interference occurring when two shooters use the same channel (and different radio IDs) will be low, but they are not zero.