Pentax K3, Cactus V6II, Flashpoint Zoom and Flashpoint R2

I am trying to find a way to use the Pentax K3 to function in HSS with the Flashpoint Zoom manual speed light. I have heard that it is possible with the Cactus V6II. The method is to mount the Cactus V6II on the Pentax K3 and mount the Flashpoint R2 transmitter on the Cactus V6II to trigger the speed light in manual HSS. Has anyone tried this and how did you setup to work the Cactus V6II with the Flashpoint R2 and Flashpoint Zoom speed light. 

Comments

• edited November 2016
    These Flashpoint flashes are rebadged Godox flashes and other people have had success to use Godox flashes with HSS mode engaged manually in conjunction with the V6II.

For sure this works by triggering the flashes with V6II receivers (albeit without power level control). It also works by putting the transmitter of a different system on a V6II receiver.

AFAIC, it should also work in the trigger piggy-back style you are describing, but I don't have the equipment (Flashpoint/Godox transmitter + flashes) to test this myself.

Have you tried pentaxforums.com? You may find someone who can confirm the approach you are proposing.
  • Thank you Class A. Yes I have been on the Pentax forums looking for a solution. I have read people that have tried this with different transmitters. I was hoping that Godox/Flashpoint would release a R2 transmitter but lately this does not seem to be the case 8-(. I think I will purchase the latest Cactus V6ii and will try what I want to do with a R2 Canon transmitter. After this I will post what the results I get. Thank you and if others have tried please post your results 8-).
  • Hi @TomK, the Flashpoint Zoom looks like it's the Godox V850 / V860C / V860N.

If your Zoom speedlight runs either on Canon or Nikon, it works right off the bat - just mount the speedlight direclty on a V6 II set to RX, let the V6 II auto-detect the speedlight, and then mount another V6 II on your K-3, and boom, you'll get HSS.

In this case, you won't even need the R2 transmitter.

However if the flash does not run on TTL (Canon / Nikon), then you might need to do the piggy-back style, as Class A mentioned above.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi TomK.

I have got the Godox Ving 850 (the Flashpoint is a rebrand) to work in HSS with the V6 II and Pentax K3.

Here is a link to my instructions:
    http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/333936-pentax-hss-cactus-v6ii-godox-ving-850-flash-success.html

Tell me how it goes either here or at Pentax Forums.
  • Thanks @howieb101

somehow your pentax forums link did not work and I had to Google it ... looks the same though.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/125-flashes-lighting-studio/333936-pentax-hss-cactus-v6ii-godox-ving-850-flash-success.html

Anyway, thanks for the link and instructions provided there.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.