Is the V6II compatible with Panasonic GH4 where HSS is enabled?

edited November 2016 in V6 II Compatibility
And will the V6II fire the Godox AD360 (which I think is also Adorama 360) with HSS enabled? Very difficult to find this information so help really appreciated! Damian

Comments

• Hi Damian,

Is your AD360 either a Canon or Nikon version? If it is one of them then you can mount the flash directly on V6 II's top hot shoe and it will even auto-detect the flash. Recently mentioned in this thread too.

However if you have the original AD360, then you will have to connect the V6 II to the flash via a 3.5mm sync cable. Please also refer to link below, where another GH4 user is connecting it with a Bolt VB22 (B&H's version of the Godox AD360). He got his GH4 to work, according to user report in this thread, it works with the V6 II up to 1/8,000s.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Antonio - great news! Honestly, I think I've search the entire internet for that info (feels like it at least) I've not purchased the Godox yet, was checking ahead to avoid headaches. So it doesn't matter whether I buy the canon or Nikon Ad360 with the Panasonic fit cactus V6II, it will work on HSS up to 1/8000? Thanks again
  • So If I get the Cactus RF60 with the Cactus V6II, I can later add the Godox AD360 (canon or Nikon) without any problems with HSS?

• That's right. Unless Godox tweaked it so that it no longer function as a standard digital TTL flash would, then it should work without any problems in HSS.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "NIK.A.001", "v.103".

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.