Pentax k-1

hi everybody,
I've tried desperatly to know if the cactus V6 (or V6 II) is able to work with my pentax k-1 and a flash Metz 52AF-1 but I don't find the answer... Does anybody knows it here ?
Thanks for comments

(PS: my english is very poor but I'm learning!)

Comments

• Hi fellow K-1 user. :)

Both V6 and V6II work well with the K-1. However, it seems that you are going to need the V6II.

The V6 does not support the Metz 52 AF-1 but the V6II does. Another Pentax user (dfp771) confirmed that this flash works with the V6II. The 52 AF-2 has no dedicated profile on the V6II but the generic Pentax profile seems to work well with it.
  • Thanks Class A for digging the older post in confirming flash compatibility with the Metz.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thank you so much for your response about that. Living in France, it's very difficult to find  a Cactus dealer... So bad!
  • YOBI said:

Thank you so much for your response about that. Living in France, it's very difficult to find  a Cactus dealer... So bad!

There are two dealers in France, not sure if they are near where you live?

Lovinpix Photo-Video Equipment & Workshops

16 av. Emile Zola
    75015, Paris
    France

Tel: +33 (0)1 71 19 79 99

contact@lovinpix.com
    www.lovinpix.com

Miss Numérique

40 Rue du Général Leclerc
    54140, Jarville la Malgrange
    France

Tel: +33 (0)3 83 18 26 04

Fax: +33 (0)3 83 18 26 09

www.missnumerique.com

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thank you Antonio, since my first comment I found this two dealers and they're effectively not near my town. It's because internet is my friend ! I recommend missnumérique anyway !
  • HI @YOBI. let us know if you require further assistance.

Merci beaucoup.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• BTW a funny observation: The K1 is not supporting the AF-Support form the Pentax falshes --- but if you put a V6II inbetween the suport of Flas and V6II can wors simultaniously.

Greetings from Germany
    Klaus

www.Klaus-macht-Bilder.de
  • HI @klaus123, what flash model are you using?

I think firmware update is required as I remember another user with a Metz flash had to update to the latest firmware before working with the K-1.

Without searching the forum I think it was a Metz 48 AF-1. However after the update, it no longer works with the original V6 because Metz has taken away analogue TTL codes. But for V6 II users this shouldn't be a problem because it's all digital.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager