V6 II, i40 and Fuji XT-2 Xpro2 after firmware updates

I need a bit of help please with Cactus V6II, Nissan i40 and XT-2 or Xpro2 please. Just invested in 3 Cactus triggers for some TTL (with i40) and in manual using my Nikon flashes. 

When I fire the i40 in TTL pass through or manual using the Fuji cameras, it is a very weak flash (almost like a trigger).

I have updated both camera and triggers in the last few days. I can fire the Nikon Flash from both Fujis ... so it would appear to be an issue with i40. Both TX and RX are set to Fujifilm, i40 

I have Nikon SB910 and D4s - the triggers work for both manual flash and TTL. The i40 works fine when on camera. I also  seem to be ok with the Nikon flashes in manual and TTL (from D4s), so convinced the triggers ok. 

Triggers set to A  and channel 1. Trigger on camera set to TX and flash set to RX. Set RX to be for Fuji Flash and i40. The same for the TX. When I try and use either TTL or manual from either Fuji cameras I get a flash triggered, but absolutely no power - it is as if it was set up as COMMAND mode (which it is not in the camera menus.) Has me somewhat flummoxed! Any help gratefully received (even if it makes me look silly ;-)).

Comments

• So figured this out in the end ....

• There is no TTL off camera only manual (this is for i40), I knew the Nikons were manual only.
    • You need to remove the plate - which is way once you have found a suitable instrument (dental flosser tooth pick)
    • Using the AUTo mode is quicker
    • The order is VERY important (I know there is a lot written down on this, but a lot of the issues I had we're over multiple notes, so missed the significance). Last to switch on is the trigger.
    Now I need to figure out how to use the i40 in manual mode off camera. It still seems to act as a "commander" mode.
  • Hey @pduce

We now got our hands on an X-Pro2 and will look into compatibility with the i40.

Hopefully we will have a fix soon.

Thank you!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "FUJ.1.002", "v.103".

For the time being, Cactus V6 (MK1) running on firmware version 2.1.001 can be triggered by a V6 II (MK2) running on Multi-brand HSS firmware (e.g. 1.1.013) and not by X-TTL firmware versions: PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  No schedule has been released yet. 

Cactus RF60X / RF60 Firmware versions A01 and A02 currently ONLY works with PEN.A.001 and OLY.A.001.  Other "A" version of X-TTL firmware will be released soon. For both Multi-brand HSS and X-TTL firmware versions (FUJ, SIG, SON), install firmware version 103 / 205 on your RF60X / RF60.

Cactus RF60 is now an off-camera TTL flash with firmware version 205 or later!

Metz M400 (for Fujifilm) is now supported on the Cactus V6 II (HSS and TTL).

Nikon D750 users please read this thread: 

Fujifilm EF-X500 users please read this thread:

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks Antonio ;-)