I get a Problem updating the firmware and can turn on the Cactus

Hi.

Just got 2 new  Cactus v6ii in the mail.

The first got update, no problems.
Second keeps flashing Red, and gives me: Problem updating the firmware
Now i can turn it on.. 

Can i somehow reboot ore reset it.
Cant get display on, so i think i need a hardware reset

Comments

• Have try to run update 3 times.
    still telling me that there is a firmware problem. 

And can still not get the device to turn on.
  • Hello @mljfoto, as I responded on Facebook, try this:

... pressing Group buttons A + B, and at the same time switch on the device, either TX or RX.

See if that works?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Didnt help:( if i go in to firmware Update mode it starts flashing red. But the AB solution didnt work:(
  • I try on a windows pc.
    in the log files i get this.

21-12-2016 07:38:45: HID V6II Connected
    21-12-2016 07:38:56: Kernel report ==> Time out : Error while flashingTarget found.Manufacturer: Harvest One LimitedProduct: CACTUS V6IIBootloader: 2.0Serial: 355831373534-FF-FF0EFF13MCU ID: 1E974C-LMCU fuses: 1E 97 4C 0B 33 31Loading Buffer.tmp...Firmware size: 126841 bytes (0x1EF79)Firmware CRC: 0x394273MCU ID: 1E974CFlash size: 131072 bytes (0x20000)Page sise: 512 bytesVersion: 1.00Pages: 256Erasing application section...Writing firmware image...Writing...5%Writing...10%Writing...15%Writing...20%Writing...25%Writing...30%Writing...35%Writing...40%Writing...45%Writing...50%Writing...55%Writing...60%Writing...65%Writing...70%Writing...75%Writing...80%Writing...85%Writing...90%Writing...95%Writing...100%Target CRC: 0xB0598BFirmware image CRC does not match device.
    21-12-2016 07:38:56: Error: Update failed
  • edited December 2016
    From the log file it seems that the firmware that is selected for uploading is way too small for a V6II firmware.

It seems the V6II is not properly recognised and some other (RF60?) firmware is being sent to it.

Have you tried to "CHECK FOR LATEST FIRMWARE" to see what is being offered?

Have you tried connecting the problematic unit right after having updated the good unit?

Potentially, if you could identify the 126841 bytes firmware file being used by the Updater right now and replaced it with the CactusV6II.fir file in the same directory, you may get the correct firmware version uploaded. But perhaps better not try this before you get confirmation from Cactus that this is actually a good idea. I can't see how it could harm more than anything that already happened, but then again I have no inside information into this.
  • Thanks Class A.
    We confirmed the units' MCU malfunctioned. The customer will send it back to our dealer for a replacement and we will study the unit after we get it back. I think this is maybe the first or second case where a V6 II couldn't power up after a firmware update attmept, so we will try to find out why.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Same problem here, try to update to the latest firmware on a Mac Pro. Unit doesn't turn on and try the AB solution above. Still doesn't turn on.
  • Same problem here, try to update to the latest firmware on a Mac Pro. Unit doesn't turn on and try the AB solution above. Still doesn't turn on.
    Uh-oh!  Sounds like another MCU malfunction.
    Please return it to your dealer for repair / replacement.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• I had exactly the same problem as Stingray66
    One V6II could take the FW update.
    The other V6II unit "Died" after trying to update FW.
    Terje Nicolaysen
  • I had exactly the same problem as Stingray66
    One V6II could take the FW update.
    The other V6II unit "Died" after trying to update FW.
    Terje Nicolaysen
    Sorry to hear about this. Please contact your dealer for assistance.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager