Fujifilm X-Pro2 HSS with Nikon SB-900 and SB 800

X-Pro2 V. 2.01

V6 II  V. 1.1.006

Hot shoe metal spring removed 

Camera detected

Learn HSS recorded

Forced HSS on

Factory reset done 

1st Test: Indoors the flash works fine on every High Speed Sync time. 

But out in the sunlight the flash does what he wants and HSS don’t work. 

2nd Test: Everything restarted, same settings and now, as if by magic, all at once, everything is going well! 

At the moment, I would not dare a professional job with my X-Pro2 and Cactus V6 II do. 

But I will continue to test. 

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Hello @Tom,

Thank you for reporting the issue you encountered.

It definitely has nothing to do with indoor vs outdoor, but the the rather jumpy timing on Fujifilm cameras.

What that means is, when you execute LEARN HSS on the V6 II (TX) capturing the shutter timing this moment may not be the actual (usual) time the camera uses. So when you take the shot in HSS mode, it could be a miss.

Until we resolve the HSS issue completely after studying the EF-X500, you will need to continue using Learn HSS  +manually turning Forced HSS off and on.  For older camera models, such as the X-Pro1, people will need to continue using Learn + Forced HSS, unless Fujifilm releases a new camera firmware.

So for now, you simply need to redo LEARN HSS. Test if you are able to consistenly fire and sync the flash.

That said, we estimate a full Fujifilm firmware be ready on the V6 II in Q1 2017.

Thank you and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.