Will Cactus V6ii work with LumoPro LP180R with Phottix Odin TX?

I am using OmD-EM5. I want a reliable HSS/FP-TTL solution. I have  LumoPro LP180R (built-in odin reciver) with Phottix Odin TX for Nikon system. Now I was wondering whether it will work if one attach Phottix Odin on top of cactus V6II. Using pass thru TTL, will I be able to use FP-TTL/HSS functionality? (Most important part for me)

Comments

• What TTL system is you Phottin Odin TX is running on?

It would only work if and only if:

Olympus camera > V6 II  > Flash device running on Olympus TTL protocols

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Phottix Odin Transmitter can be Canon or Nikon. I haven't bought it yet. LumoPro LP180R has a built-in odin receiver. So I have to use that transmitter. Then how do you think I can set it up?

Olympus Om-D> V6 II (as TX).........V6 II (as RX)> LP 180R (odin enabled flash unit)
    or
    Olympus Om-D> V6 II (as TX).........V6 II (as RX)> LP 180 (Manual flash unit)

(My primary goal is to make a set-up that supports HSS)

What TTL system is you Phottin Odin TX is running on?

It would only work if and only if:

Olympus camera > V6 II  > Flash device running on Olympus TTL protocols

Thanks!

• Fr HSS, skip the Phottix Odin II transmitter, which costs over $200, and get the RF60X instead and get a few dollars in change.
    1. RF60X supports HSS
    2. Built-in radio, so you just need one V6 II unit to work
    3. Recycles at 1.9s - even without any external power supply
    4. AF-assist light, when triggered by the V6 II
    Cactus do not recommend users to mix other wireless flash trigger system with the V6 II.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.