HSS with Elinchrom Quadra Original (1st version) with S-Head

edited January 2017 in V6 II Compatibility
Hi !
When I use it with Nikon flash SB 900, HSS works well with the Nikon D750 and Fuji XT-1.
Both camera are well detected by Cactus v6II.
When I try with the Elinchrom Quadra original (1st version) with S-Head, I have the same problem with the 2 cameras : there is more light in the bottom of the image, it's not usable like this, light is not homogeneous.
Is there a solution ? or I have to change my Quadra ? Or just the Head ?
I know that it's possible to get HSS with this Quadra and Head with Pocket Wizzard... (only with my Nikon). So maybe it can works also with Cactus v6II... I hope !!
For the exemple below, I put the flash on the direction of the ceiling.
...sorry for my English, I'm from France !

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Are you using the "Power Sync" sync mode?

If not, give it a try; it is the equivalent of "Hyper Sync" on PocketWizard triggers.

You can try different Power Sync timing adjustments (check the V6II manual) and thus may be able to get a better gradation.
  • I try Power Sync mode with the Nikon D750.

"You can try different Power Sync timing adjustments (check the V6II manual) and thus may be able to get a better gradation."
    > I try DELAY but the black line appear quickly
    Is there any other solutions ?
  • Unfortunately we don't have a Quadra unit in the studio to test.

Are you able to switch on the HSS function directly on the Quadra head?

And is a second V6 II connected to the Quadra via a sync cable?

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • edited January 2017
    @clichebf

Do not use the "DELAY" feature, but the Power Sync adjustment timing feature. Please see the manual about how to use it. You can activate the adjustment by navigating to the sync mode choices, selecting & confirming "POWER SYNC" and then pressing "OK" while turning the dial at the same time.

This may not help either, but I guess it is worth a try.