Cactus V6II and Panasonic GH4

Does anyone have any experience using the V6II with the Panasonic GH4?  I have Panasonic flashes FL580 and 360 and Nikon SB 800.

I just received my V6II (3 of them!) and I'm having trouble triggering the FL580 flashes.  I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but I just wondered if any GH4 users have tried them?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Try switching on the FL580 first, set it to TTL, and then switch on the V6 II to RX mode last. The V6 II will auto-detect the flash and apply an AUTO flash profile.

Hope this helps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi Kim -

I have used 3 Cactus triggers with my GH4. One is on the camera hot shoe the other two remote (RX mode) attached to flashes and strobes depending on requirements. I turn on the flashes first, then the Cactus V6II to RX mode. Auto flash profile is default. 

Then I turn on the camera, hold the shutter halfway, then turn on the Cactus to TX mode. The GH4 will recognize the camera with the O symbol which is the profile for both Panasonic and Olympus MFT. I have also manually set the profile to Olympus MFT and that works too.

If you have tried repeatedly, and still no luck, you may want to do a factory reset on the Cactus attached to the camera and repeat. This will clear out any setting you may have set along the way.

One troubleshooting method you may want to apply if you're not sure if the issue is with the camera not triggering the Cactus on top of it is to manually push the button on the front of the Cactus and fire the the two flashes. If they do, you communication between the TX and RX units are good. Check the connection on your camera and make sure the Cactus is seated squarely and the Cactus auto recognizes the camera.