Fujifilm X-Pro2 with Nikon SB700, SB910 and Fuji EF42

I have a Fuji X-Pro2 and three flash guns. I put a cactus V6ll on camera and the two nikons (SB700 and SB910) on V6 units. I am waiting for a second V6ll for the Fuji flash. 

Can I use the V6ll on camera to fire the SB710, the SB910 and the EF42 and if so, how? Do I need to set each flash in a different group or can they all be part of the same group? Any help appreciated. 

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Hello @johnmckerman,
    .... I am waiting for a second V6ll for the Fuji flash. 

Do you mean the flash fires a second later after you released the shutter of the camera?
    ... I put a cactus V6ll on camera and the two nikons (SB700 and SB910) on V6 units...

So you have a V6 II (TX) on camera hot shoe, a second V6 II (RX) for the SB700 and a third V6 II (RX) fo the SB910?

Are you using auto-detect on the RX units? By default, the V6 II will auto-detect the flash as a Nikon system flash and apply an AUTO flash profile.  If you are using auto-detect, be sure to:
    1. First switch on the flash
    2. Set flash mode to TTL
    3. Turn on HSS / FP mode
    4. Lastly switch on V6 II to RX mode
    ...Can I use the V6ll on camera to fire the SB710, the SB910 and the EF42 and if so, how? Do I need to set each flash in a different group or can they all be part of the same group? Any help appreciated. 

Yes, you can fire all flashes at the same time, but only the SB700 and SB900 supports High-speed Sync (HSS / FP mode), the Fujifilm EF-42 does not support HSS.

You may assign all three in the same group, or different groups, such as A, B and C. It's up to you.

If you are experieincing timing issues with flash triggering, make sure you follow steps mentioned here (For your case, start from step 2 since you are using Nikon flashes).

The key is redoing LEARN HSS.

As mentioned in other threads, shutter timing jumps around on Fujifilm cameras, so until we release new firmware to incorporate the new EF-X500 flash, the solution for now is to redo LEARN HSS and hopefully the V6 II would capture the most-used shutter timing on the camera.

Hope this helps!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.