A7R2 with 2x Porty Jinbei DC II 1200 doesn´t synchronize

edited February 2017 in V6 IIs Problems
Hello Community,

I use a A7R2 with two porties Jinbei DC II 1200 with 3x V6IIs .. one as TX .. 2x RX mode .. newest firmware.

My Problem .. All external flashes are sync to each other .. but they are not sync to the camera in all modes: No HSS, HSS and Power Sync .. 

With 2x Sony Flashes F43M everything works properly.
what is my mistake?

Comments

• ...two porties Jinbei DC II 1200...

How are you connecting the V6IIS to the studio lights (Jinbei)?
    I guess that you are using the Sync port on the battery pack to the sync port on the V6IIS.
    So, any of the advanced features is not going to work due to the V6IIS are acting just like simple triggers.
    If
    the flash duration is enough is possible to achieve proper exposures
    over your camera's max sync speed, but you need to test the limits of
    your studio lights.
    Try it using the standard starting point
    settings: f/8, ISO 200 and your max sync speed (1/250). Also try it at
    1/160 or lower because I had read that that is the correct sync speed
    with the Elichrome and 1/200 with Profoto.
    You will not have issues with the HVL-F43M because those are fully compatible small flashes.
  • Hi @Emirage,

As @lansa301 mentioned, indeed there will not be HSS and Power Sync because you are connecting the V6 IIs transceivers via sync cord - there's only an on / off switch.

You may play around with Power Sync, then manually adjusting the Jinbei to full power and try finding a good timing spot setting the timing adjustment (POWER SYNC ADJ:  this can be adjusted by going into the Power Sync menu page, hold down the menu button as you rotate the dial.

FYI when the flash power is set to max, it will have the longest flash duration and thus more chances of covering the entire frame of the image.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.