Pentax K3, Pentax K1 + Metz 58 AF-2, Metz 52 AF-1

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about buying some triggering system for my combo. After reading a lot of forums I finished with the idea of buying Cactus V6 II.
Right now I'm using Pentax K3 with Metz 58 AF-2 and Metz 52 AF-1 flashes. And I'm planning to buy Pentax K1 very soon. That's why I need to know if you have any experience with this combination I mentioned. I would like to be able to trigger both Metz flashes from K3 or K1. So it means I have to buy three transceivers to be able trigger two flashes from camera. I have some cheap triggers from ebay right now, and it isn't the best thing for serious work. From time to time I can see dark bar from shutter on my photos because of some unknown problem between the triggering system. An sometimes it just didn't fire the flash. It's a normal problem with cheap triggers. That's why I would like to have some high-quality triggers without failures. Do you experience any mentioned problems with Cactus V6 II?
The most important question is if my combination camera-flash with Cactus will be able to shoot in HSS (up to 1/8000s). 
I hope you can help me with this :-)
thank you
Erik

Comments

• Hi @Erik,

We have the Metz 58 AF-2 and it works. The 50 AF-1 I'm not sure as we don't have one in the studio.

Both the K-1 and K-3 should not have a problem with the V6 II.

Other Pentax users may want to chime in.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Great :-)
    So I will go definitely into Cactus system. Thank you for help
  • Thanks for choosing Cactus, @Erik!

Let us know if you have any questions with the setup or any of its functions.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.