Metz 44 AF-1 for Samsung + Cactus v6II Pair + XT1

Hello ,

Would like to get a  Cactus v6II Pair to trigger an old Metz 44 AF-1 for Samsung via a Fuji XT1

My understanding is that Power Control and HSS will not work on the Metz-Cactus combo as this Metz doesn't natively support HSS, and there's no TTL with Fuji as its a Samsung Metz. This setup will basically work as a normal triggered flash, i.e the flash will fire via the trigger period. Is that right?

PS: 
I hope to get either the RF60xs or the newer Godox AD200s with XT1C transmitters at a later stage for  HSS and more power/control and all that goodness.

Thank you,
Regards,
Ndethi.

Comments

• Hello @Ndethi,

Sorry you are out of luck with the Samsung system flash.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hello @Antonio

Thank you for the insight.
    Too bad Samsung seem to have exited this camera business. 

So im better off considering a Cactus Rf series or perhaps some Godox and off course the V6s I guess.
  • Yeah, just get the RF60X.

It's a manual flash that supports HSS. With the single hot shoe pin, there's no need to worry about the different camera systems in the future.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.