Mixing V6 and V6ii

I tried to control V6(rx) with V6II(TX) and failed.
And vice versa.
Well it fired but the output was the same nometter what setting is.
Can I mix them?

Comments

• It does seem to be a bit hit and miss.  Sometimes I find that the power settings made on the V6 II, whilst being reflected on the V6, aren't making it to the flash.  Other times it works perfectly.
  • You can use the V6II as TX and the V6 as RX only, but not in the other way.
    You are limited to your camera's max sync speed.
  • The OP was using them round the right way, but was getting no power adjustment.  That's nothing to do with sync speed.

There is some kind of problem using the V6 II and V6 together under certain circumstances, where the power change isn't passed to the flash, but I haven't been able to figure out what causes it so it's easily repeatable for the Cactus team to investigate.
  • Yes, you can, but the firmware on the V6 needs to be the latest one.

Have you done an update yet?

Check the firmware release notes on the Cactus "Downloads" page to see which version for the V6 is the latest one and make sure to update your V6 unit(s) to this version.
  • I don't know about the OP but I'm running the latest versions on both the V6 II and V6 and still getting this problem intermittently.
  • You are limited to your camera's max sync speed.
    Not quite true. One can use PowerSync. No HSS, but the V6 will work with a V6II in PowerSync mode.

@OP: Have you set the flash profile on the V6 correctly? Does the setup work when you use a V6 as a transmitter?
  • You are limited to your camera's max sync speed.
    Not quite true. One can use PowerSync. No HSS, but the V6 will work with a V6II in PowerSync mode.

@OP: Have you set the flash profile on the V6 correctly? Does the setup work when you use a V6 as a transmitter?
    You are right, Sometimes I forget the PowerSync function.
  • You are right, Sometimes I forget the PowerSync function.
  • Hey there @chun

Could you verify what firmware version you are running on your V6?

You can quickly check by holding down group buttons A and D and switch on the V6. Firmware version will be displayed.

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Your problem sound similar to the post I made about the V6II as Tx   not reliably firing a V6 as Rx with both units at the most recent version.   In your case you seem to get it to fire.   Does it fire every time ?  Most of the time mine does not even fire.