V6 with Nissin MG8000 for Nikon

Hello, 
I just bought two V6. They seems great but I found out a major problem for me: I didn't realize that the compatibility with the Nissin MG8000 was only for the Canon system. 
Is there any possible solution to have the Nissin MG8000 profiled as well? Or at least be possible to change its power remotely. 
I knew the Mark II was compatible but I didn't thought I must buy that one considering the mark I was already listing the Nissin MG8000 between the compatible one. 
Please help, thank you very much! 

Stefano 

Comments

• Hey Stefano,

The V6 II is compatible with the MG8000 for Nikon.

FYI the original V6 was designed to work with analogue TTL flashes. The MG8000 does not run on analogue bu digital TTL protocols.

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • I have same problem my friends. I just got v6 and try to conect MG8000 just like ILUKO. But my camera is D610 Nikon not Canon. So sad. Can i make it work or just need to get Canon? Cactus is not for Nikon? If i get v6Ⅱ as TX, use v6 as RX. Is it going to work out? If so, i will get one to work then. Need your help. Please!
  • Yes, the Nikon version MG8000 does not have analogue TTL and only runs on digital TTL protocols, so you will need the V6 II.

V6 = analogue TTL, older flash models
    V6 II = digital TTL, newer flash models

Thank you.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thank you so much Antonio.
    I didn'tknow that speedlight has digital and analogue type. Just like us. (*^ω^*)
    I will switch to V6 Ⅱ and have a great Wierless shooting.
  • Hello @Tetsuro,

You're welcome!

Some flash models kept both the older analogue TTL protocol and digital TTL protocol, but many newer flash models now only provide digital TTL protocol.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager