Sekonic L-858D-U radio transmitter for Cactus Image products

I recently purchases a Sekonic L-858D-U light meter and was disappointed that a Sekonic radio transmitter wasn't available to control my Cactus image transmitters and flashes. Here is the email I sent to Sekonic and the company's reply. I was very impressed with Sekonic's prompt and courteous response but disappointed that there doesn't seem to be anything on the drawing board in terms of product development related to the products of Cactus Image. 

>Hello, I have several Fuji X series cameras and lenses and have made a significant investment in Cactus Image flashes and triggers. Please develop and release a radio transmitter for the 858 light meter for Cactus Image products. Respectfully, Keith Griffith

Dear Mr. Keith Griffith,

Thank you for your request.
I am Minoru Oda(Mr) from Sales Operation Sec.
of light meter in Sekonic Corporation in Japan.

As you already know, unfortunately we have not applied to Cactus triggering system now.
Our radio modules for L-858D are applied to PocketWizard radio system, Elinchrom and Phottix radio systems.

However, we are considering to apply to radio systems of many protocols by many manufacturers,
but there are many models and modules we have and many radio systems by many manufacturers.
We are studying the plan of development order now, but all developments will not come true today or tomorrow...
We have not decided concrete plan for development order,
and it is not decided whether we will apply to the Cactus triggering system, at this moment.
Therefore, we cannot promise to you that we will apply to the Cactus triggering system in the future, now.

We would like to apologize for your inconvenience.
Please kindly understand our situation....

Sincerely yours,

Minoru Oda
Sales Operation Sec.
SEKONIC CORPORATION
7-24-14, Oizumi-Gakuen-Cho,
Nerima-Ku, Tokyo 178-8686
Japan
Sales Operation Sec.

TEL: 03-3978-2317
FAX:03-3978-2144
Email: m.oda@sekonic.co.jp
Web: http://www.sekonic.co.jp

Dear Mr. Oda,

Thank you for your prompt and forthright reply. I understand your company's position. Among the growing number of  Fuji X owners, there is tremendous interest in the products of Godox and Cactus Image. The website Fuji Rumors announced recently that Godox, Elinchrom, and Phottix are working on  HSS and TTL compatibility with Fujifilm X cameras. http://www.fujirumors.com/let-there-be-light-elinchrom-phottix-and-godox-working-on-fujifilm-x-compatible-flashestriggers/

My dream is to have my Sekonic 858 light meter linked wirelessly to my Fuji X cameras, my Cactus Image triggers and flashes, and my Godox XPlor strobe that I will purchase in the future. Many other Fuji owners share my dream. 

Best regards and thank you for your attention and valuable time. 

Keith Griffith

Comments

• HI Keith,

Thanks for sharing the conversation with Sekonic.

We shall speak to them and see how it goes. Hopefully something good will happen soon and make your dream come true.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Thanks Antonio!
  • Thanks Antonio!
    You're welcome. 

We are keen to foster a collaboration too.

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.