Cactus V6II & Fujifilm X-T20

Hello Cactus team,
i want ask about TTL on the fuji firmware 1.0.2, its work using the cactus on the X-T20??.
i dont see the different result when i take a picture,
or maybe i miss configure some thing,

tnx for your help. 

Comments

• Yes TTL should also work on the X-T20. 

What flash(es) is/are you using as off-camera?

Also check if you have a good connection between the camera and the transmitter. To do that, make adjustment on camera zoom or shutter speed, the new settings should pop up on the V6 II's LCD. 

If things do not pop up then you my need to remove the metal spring plate from your camera.  

Lastly, you can toggle between TTL mode and M mode by pressing the Group Button.   

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • What flash(es) is/are you using as off-camera?, I use Godox TT685 Canon
    To do that, make adjustment on camera zoom or shutter speed, the new settings should pop up on the V6 II's LCD. it is showing on the cactus monitor. 

when i change the flash metering +2, +1 something like that, the Cactus ttl not sync. its normal ??
    for the example i change to +2, and the cactus still on +0 and vice versa.
  • That is not the way that is supposed to work.
    If you want to increase one (or five) exposure value stops you must do it using the Cactus V6II (Tx) attached to your camera.
    If you change any parameter on the flash, the V6II unit is not going to be aware and you will end with incorrect exposures.
    The idea is to remotely change the parameters. Have no sense if you need to walk to your off-camera flash and manually change any parameter on it.
  • Thanks @adhietbrain for the test results and images.

Since information is going up from the camera to the V6 II (TX) there's good connection with the camera.

For the off-camera flash unit mounted on the V6 II (RX), have you already followed the powering on sequence of top-down? 
    1) Switch on the flash
    2) Set the flash to TTL mode
    3) Switch on HSS mode
    4) Switch on the V6 II to RX mode and it will auto-detect the flash and apply an AUTO flash profile.

We just tested an X-T1 with a TT685 (for Canon) and it sync up to 1/4000s with TTL+4.  

Perhaps it is a setup issue on the flash side?

Thank you and keep us posted.
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.