No flash in Live View

I have the Cactus V5 Wireless Trans/Receivers and have noticed that I can not use flash when I am in Live View. I have recently purchased a CamRanger so that I can use an Ipad as my shutter trigger but since the CamRanger uses Live View, it is not possible to use it if I need flash.

If anyone has a thought or fix, I would appreciate it. I'm using a Canon T31 and various flashes. They all work fine when in regular view.

Thank You!!!

Comments

• edited September 2017
    There isn't a fix unfortunately.

The reason is the V5 or V6 only uses the centre hot shoe contact pin and LiveView doesn't detect anything on camera hot shoe - for what they needed to do.

However, the new V6 II, which actually talks to the camera on all the contact pins, can use Live View. 

Cheers!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.