V6 and FujiFilm (X-T1)

Hey guys! =)
I know there is a "Mark II" version of the V6 which would be the perfect match for the FujiFilm system, but I have the chance to buy a couple of "Mark I"s at a very good price and I would like to be sure about what I will get...
I am currently using a FujiFilm X-T1 and I also have a Nikon SB-800 and a couple of Nikon SB-600.
What I'd like to know is:
1. using two V6 (Mark I), one on the camera and one on a flash, will I be able to simply remotely wirelessly trigger one of my Nikon flashes using my FujiFilm X-T1 camera (in full manual, without using any TTL or other automatic setup)?
2. assuming the answer to number 1 is yes, will I also be able to manually remotely adjust the power of the flash using the unit on my camera (in full manual, without using any TTL or other automnatic setup)?
Thank you very much for your answers! =)
Ciao from Italy,
Renato

Comments

• Yes, I see no reason why 1. & 2. should not work. Your flashes are compatible with the V6 and will support (manual) remote power level control.

All this will be restricted to shutter speeds up to the sync-speed, though. In other words, you won't get HSS with the "V6 Mark I" and there will be no automatic metering.
  • Yes, both 1 and 2 will work.

The V6 system will allow you to manually remotely adjust power output of your SB-600 and SB-800. 

Just select the corresponding flash system and flash profile on the V6 Receiver unit, make sure the channels are the same, flash groups are on and you are good to go.

The V6 system does not give you:
    - TTL automatic exposure
    - HSS / FP mode
    - remote zoom control of your Nikon flashes
    - compatibility with newer flashes that run solely on digital protocol 

Have fun with your new kit!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.