V6 IIs remote power control doesnt work with nissin i40

just bought two v6 IIs and both firmware at latest SON.1.002 
able to fire my nissin i40 remotely but no matter how i change the power setting on the TX, the actual power coming out from the flash is not changing
do you know what might have gone wrong?....

Comments

• Hmm... is your i40 set to TTL mode?
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • yes and i basically tried all modes available modes and did factory resets to the V6 IIs too......
  • The only flash mode it would work with the V6 IIs is TTL.

Just to make sure, are you using a Sony camera?

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • thats for sure all sony machines and flashes are sony version 

tried both auto profile and i40 profile but still doesnt work

sometimes the flash fires with too much power and you have to switch it off and on to fix that
    but whichever the case the power is still the same no matter how much value i alter in the TX....
  • i've tried with another nissin di700a (sony ver) i own which is also having the same problem...
  • edited November 2017
    Here's my quick test:

No problem whatsoever with remote power control.

FYI I have also tested a Metz M400 and 64 AF-1, both worked as well.

Try a factory reset and let V6 IIs do its thing. There isn't too much tweaks anyway, unless you previously manually set it from SONY to OTHERS camera system or MANUAL flash system on either of the TX or RX unit. So doing the Factory Reset will make sure you start from a clean sheet.

Thank you.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• hi Antonio, thanks for your wonderful efforts preparing the video 
    i can do it in M mode lighting now, but i suppose it should work in TTL mode wirelessly too?
  • hi Antonio, thanks for your wonderful efforts preparing the video 
    i can do it in M mode lighting now, but i suppose it should work in TTL mode wirelessly too?
    Certainly, TTL + / - EV flash compensation should work as well.

Here's my test:

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• Certainly, TTL + / - EV flash compensation should work as well.

Here's my test:

Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• thanks again Antonio, my flash doesn't work like what you've shown.
    it flash just keeps the same flash power no matter how much +- EV I've adjusted
    (and most of the time it's like it's only giving out full power) 
  • thanks again Antonio, my flash doesn't work like what you've shown.
    it flash just keeps the same flash power no matter how much +- EV I've adjusted
    (and most of the time it's like it's only giving out full power) 
    Interesting.

Does your Nissin i40 function properly when mounted directly on camera hot shoe?

Also, the flash mode dial should be pointed at TTL, and the flash compensation dial is at 0, as seen in the demo video above.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager