Unable to remove V6 from Hot Shoe

I have a V6 which is locked to the hot shoe of my camera.  It refuses to come off and I guess that the locking pin is jammed in the down position.  The release lever moves and feels correct but it does not lift the pin.  Is it possible to take the V6 apart  and access the pin release while the unit it is attached to the hot shoe.  My aim is to have a working V6 and camera  and camera when I have finished.  The options appear to be either remove the four screws and access the main compartment or try and cut and remove the locking ring and access the pin lifting mechanism from the side.  

Any ideas or drawings welcomed.

Simon

Comments

• Hi Simon,

Yes you can certainly take apart the V6 to fix the issue.

But before doing that, with the Lock Lever in the lock position, you will see a rectangular opening facing towards the tripod mount, on the underside of the V6.

Next use a pair of tweezers to pinch out a tiny plastic that is blocking the pin from retracting upward as you unlock the Lock Lever.

The reason for this is over time there's wear and tear on this plastic piece and it some cases it actually broke up (or half dangling) and prevented the locking pin from retracting.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.