no hotshoe

hello evryone!! I was reading the description of the rf60x and it says that has a 3.5 port??? to connect cameras that dont have a hotshoe???  Am I rigth ???

Comments

• Of course there's a hot shoe.

Note that it uses a single-pin / centre-pin hot shoe, meaning it does not support any advanced / TTL functions when mounted directly on camera hot shoe. It is designed as an off-camera flash that supports HSS, TTL, remote controls, etc..

The 3.5mm sync port is only an alternative method for you to trigger the flash, such as using a film camera with no hot shoe, etc. 

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • thanks antonio!! but you understand wrong,what I was saying was ´´If the camera´
    does not have a hotshoe,not the flash,you´ll se I got a fuji s5100 and dont have any hotshoe,you think that is possible to use that cable attached to the 3.5 plug in and triggers the flash???? that was my question!! sorry for my bad english :(
  • Oh! Sorry for misreading your message.

Yes you can certainly do that, just like on older film cameras, such as those with sync port on the lens, you can trigger the transmitter using a sync cord, connected to V6's 3.5mm sync port.

Note there will only be a basic flash triggering signal, and operates in under maximum x-sync shutter speeds.

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • thanks antonio!! where can I buy this cable????
  • Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• antonio ..nop,my camera dont have a PC:sync   :(
    only the 3.5 plug , the camera is a fuji s5100
  • edited February 2018
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• thanks antonio!!  by the way,can you tell me more about how to use this cable (on my camera fuji s5100) and of course with the flash???? what I need to do for make it to work??? it goes to the transmitter ???
  • Sure.

Camera's sync port (3.5mm) > Cactus CA-360 cable > Cactus RF60X's sync port (3.5mm) set to Local (L) mode.

You mentioned "transmitter" - do you have a Cactus V6? If so, the above connection also works, but set the V6 to TX mode and you can trigger the RF60X in Slave (S) mode. 

Cheers!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

• yes!!  i have the cactus v6 II :)  , soo then,the cable to the camera 3.5 plug,then the cable other plug into the trigger,and last the flash on slave mode rigth??? and then it sould work??? I am rigth??
  • Yes.

V6 II:    TX 
    RF60X: S (slave)

When camera release shutter, you should see status LED blinks green, at that moment it triggers the RF60X firing a flash and sync with image.

Reminder that with  sync cord setup, you will be limited to shoot at or under camera's maximum x-sync speed.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager