RF60X Not compatible with Canon 5d mark ii

Just got a new RF60X and tried using it on my 5dii, on local mode, and so far I have not been able access the flash settings on camera as it gives the message "This menu cannot be displayed. Incompatible flash or flash's power is turned off". The shutter will trigger the flash but that seems to be the only thing that can be communicated between the two devices.
I have updated the RF60X's firmware to the most recent and the hotshoe connections all seem to be clean.
Wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the 5dii?

Comments

• The RF60X only has a single hot shoe contact, meaning it only supports wireless TTL and not on-camera. Also, we have not yet released the Canon version of X-TTL firmware, so for the time being the RF60X only supports Cross-brand HSS. 

Learn more about the X-TTL firmware (Canon version tentative release in February / March) 

And here’s the current Multi-brand HSS firmware overview: https://www.cactus-image.com/special/Cactus-V6II-HSS/ 

The “latest” firmware you installed on the RF60X, is not compatible with Multi-brand HSS firmware (v1.1.013 on the V6 II). You will need to use version 103 on the RF60X. Ultimately you will need a V6 II to get the most out of the RF60X.

Hope this helps.  Thank you!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.