Nikon Flash Pass Through on Sony A7Riii?

I have a Nikon SB-800 flash and a Sony A7riii. I also have a Cactus V6iiS. 

I want to use my Nikon SB-800 flash mounted on the Sony A7riii camera. I stack the flash on the V6iis, then put it in the camera hotshoe.

I cannot get the flash to trigger with this setup. 

1. Is it compatible? 
2. Can I use HSS and TTL?

Thank you

Comments

• @Teddy
    I am sorry, but that setting is not going to work.
    The V6IIS have the SONY MI (Multi-Interface) proprietary hot shoe on both sides, male on the bottom and female on the upper.
    The MI hot shoe looks very similar to the iISO hot shoe but have all contacts on the front side, not on the shoe bottom.
    I am not sure if you can find a hot shoe converter from Nikon TTL to SONY MI.
    My
    advise is, find a nice flash bracket and use your flash off-camera. Not
    only the flash is better positioned to get more pleasant light but is
    more balanced and comfortable to use it on that way.
    And you will have all advanced features available with the V6IIS (HSS, TTL and many others).
    Regards,
  • Yeah, as @lansa301 mentioned above, what you wanted to achieve is currently not possible. 

Due to the uniquely designed hot shoe by Sony (as usual), you can only mount a Sony system flash as on-camera.

@Teddy perhaps you should consider getting a Sony flash and use your Nikon for off-camera. :)

Thanks!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.