Rotolight Neo 2 HSS?

Hello.

I have been given a Rotolight Neo 2 to test out on my Fuji XT1. I'm using Cactus V6 II, one on camera and the other on the Rotolight connected to the Cactus via a 3.5mm cable. Straight away it was clear that the connection between the Cactus has been made as the Rotolight is being triggered. However, when I set the Fuji to 1/1000 it is no where near the result I would expect from HSS.

Cactus version FUJ.1.002 on both (wondering if a different version is required for the RX).

Any thoughts?

Comments

• You should install the same firmware on the RX since in RX mode they are all the same - includes all the flash system. Plus, connection via 3.5 sync cord means the V6 II will see it as a Manual flash. 

Could you tell us what did you see when you took the shot at 1/1000s? 

I have never used a Rotolight, i presume power is adjusted manually? When the LEDs flash, did it sync? 

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Hi, i have just picked up a neo 2 and i have cactus v6 Mk2 triggers, where can i get a suitable cable to connect the cactus and the neo?
  • edited December 2018
    simjue92 said:

Hi, i have just picked up a neo 2 and i have cactus v6 Mk2 triggers, where can i get a suitable cable to connect the cactus and the neo?

That depends on the type of connector the Neo 2 has.

At the V6II end, you need a 3.5mm plug.
    Cactus offer a set of cables themselves (see section "Flash Sync Cables") but you may also have an audio cable already that happens to fit.