Using both v6 and v6ii to trigger rf60

I have 3 x RF60 with firmware 205, triggered by v6 with firmware 2.1.001. I just bought a v6ii as my primary trigger for HSS and TTL, thinking the v6 would be my reserve or second camera trigger. But the RF60 needs firmware A02 to get HSS/TTL functionality with V6ii, making it incompatible with V6? I want to be able to use both triggers without changing firmware. Is this possible? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I couldn't find an answer! Thanks, Neil. :-)

Comments

• Hi Neil,

Yes it is possible, in the future.

But this is of a lower priority as we are working on X-TTL firmware for Nikon, Canon as well as other new projects.  Backward compatibility with the original V6 will be available at a later time.

So in the meantime you will need to swap between firmware versions I am afraid.

Thank you for your understanding.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Ok, thanks for the response Antonio. I'll configure everything for the v6ii, and put the v6 aside til it's usable. 
  • Ok, thanks for the response Antonio. I'll configure everything for the v6ii, and put the v6 aside til it's usable. 
    Cool. thanks for the update. Enjoy the V6 II in the meantime :)

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Another way to make both V6II and V6 work with the RF60 right now is to use the multi-brand firmware.

You'd forgo TTL features like automated metering, but remote power level control and even HSS would still be supported (with the V6 being limited with respect to HSS, obviously).