What updates to do

I shoot with both Olympus and Nikon and have flashes from both makes, also an R60x flash. I have 3 x V6II that need to be updated. I wish to be able to use both cameras (both supported) but is it possible to upgraded the V6II to X-TTL and still support HSS with TTL, or once I update to X-TTL am I locked into using only one of the makes.

Comments

• @warns987
    You can install the X-TTL Nikon Firmware in one unit, the X-TTL Olympus Firmware in other unit and carefully label each one to be used as your Transmitter for each system. So, you have both HSS and TTL in both systems.
    The flash RF-60X must be upgraded to the most recent A firmware to properly works with any X-TTL Firmware
    The third one can be updated to any X-TTL Firmware because will be intended to be used as Receiver.
    Any unit will work fine as Receiver with most of your flashes.
    @Antonio can explain it better.
  • I think @lansa301 pretty much nailed it.

Unless, @warns987 you need 2 of the 3 V6 II units to act as receiver and you only want to use one (1) V6 II as a dedicated transmitter for both cameras, then you have to give up TTL.

In other words, if you want to have TTL on both Olympus and Nikon cameras where you might shoot on both bodies at the same time, you must have dedicated transmitter units.

V6 II (1 of 4): NIK.A.xxx (transmitter on Nikon)
    V6 II (2 of 4): OLY.A.xxx (transmitter on Olympus)
    V6 II (3 of 4): NIK.A.xxx (receiver 1)
    V6 II (4 of 4): NIK.A.xxx (receiver 2)
    RF60X: Axx

FYI in receiver mode, all X-TTL firmware versions are the same - meaning all the flash system and profiles are identical. In above example I have just list Nikon X-TTL as an example.

Hope this helps. Thanks!
    Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.