Ricoh GR II compatible with compact Nikon SB-400 ?

Any idea if the Cactus transceiver is fully compatible (or even just in manual, without TTL) with the Ricoh GR II compact ?

I still have an older, slim and compact Nikon SB-400 flash lying around, and it would be great if I can recycle this device on my new Ricoh.

I read that the GR II supports P-TTL, but I have the impression that their is still something Ricoh specific (maybe pin layout?), because I tried a Pentax compatible Metz flash in the store, and it did not fire at all.

Many thanks in advance!

Tung

Comments

• The V6 or V6 II would fit your needs for the camera side.

However, we have never tested the SB-400 so can't be sure if it runs on older analogue TTL or digital.

If analogue then V6
    If digital then V6 II.

V6 II will also work on the Ricoh, it will simply auto detect it as "CAMERA (OTHERS)".

If in case SB-400 does not work, then perhaps you can consider the Cactus RF60X. That way you only need to buy one (1) V6 II instead of two (one for camera and one for Nikon SB-400 - if it works).

Depending on your location if there is a local Cactus dealer that you can bring your flash to try that would be best.

Hope this helps!

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.