Banding/Timing Problem (Pentax K-70 - V6ii - TX560ii - Yongnuo YN660) HELP !

I'm having an issue with banding at the top of my pictures. My setup is K-70 with V6ii mounted in TX mode, then I have a Yongnuo TX560ii trigger mounted on the V6ii to fire my YN660 flash in Power Sync mode.

This all works, however I get the black bar at the top of every image I take from 1/200th to 1/6000th (K-70 sync speed is 1/180th).

I'm running firmware Pen 005 on the V6ii. I have camera profile set to Pentax & flash set as manual.

Another Pentax user has no issues using K1 - K3 - K30 cameras with V6ii - TX560 trigger - YN660 flash.

Do I need a different firmware version ?

Help would be much appreciated !

Comments

• So I think i've solved my problem. I just needed to use the Power Sync adjustment. Seems to work the best around adjustment 5 for my setup.
  • l33mxc said:

So I think i've solved my problem. I just needed to use the Power Sync adjustment. Seems to work the best around adjustment 5 for my setup.

How did you even find the Power Sync adjustment? I've tried doing what the Quick Start Guide but I can't find the ability to adjust it :/
  • Just press & hold the OK button when selecting the PowerSync mode & turn the selection wheel. It brings up the PowerSync adjustment option, then you can scroll from 0-32 & test which adjustment works best for your flash.
  • You could also try a different setting for "CUSTOM SETTING" in the "CAMERA & FLASH SETUP" menu.

It affects the sync-timing to adjust for the different behaviour of various Pentax camera models.