Use of a LV5 in a V6II System

Hello

I updated my V6II to the latest Pentax Firmware and my RF60 to the latest TTL Firmware.

Obviously the LV5 is now not able to tigger these directly. So I connected the LV5 via cable to a V6II in Manual Flash TX Mode. Generally it is now triggering the flash.... but very unreliable. Very often (~60%) the green light of the transciever is blinking without fireing the flash.

Is there any reliable configuration or will ther be any update option to make the LV5 work again?

Greetings from Germany
Klaus

www.Klaus-macht-Bilder.de

Comments

• edited April 2018
    My outsider understanding is that the V6II X-TTL firmware variant will always remain incompatible with the V5/LV5.

You should be able to integrate the LV5 by choosing the multi-brand version (e.g., V1.1.013). I guess, you'll want to use TTL, though, in which case that wouldn't be an option.

I'm not sure why the V6II Tx is not properly responding to all trigger events.

Are you using different radio channels on the LV5 and the V6II? I'd recommend not using the same channel, as that may cause radio interference.

Possibly the V6II Tx is too slow to catch all extremely short trigger events. Seems unlikely, since it you are saying that it always blinking with the green LED, but perhaps internally, it would need a signal that is a bit longer?

Just in case, you could remedy the situation by configuring the LV5 correspondingly. Choosing the single shot mode should help immediately, if I remember correctly. You may also experiment with setting a Freeze time. Have a look at section 8.9 of the LV5 manual.

Hope this helps.
  • I feel it is strange to re-flash the triggers depending on the setup. How a V5-Compatibility-Mode in the menues?
    Greetings from Germany
    Klaus

www.Klaus-macht-Bilder.de
  • klaus123 said:
    I feel it is strange to re-flash the triggers depending on the setup. How a V5-Compatibility-Mode in the menues?
    As much as we would like to we already ran out of memory on the V6 II, unfortunately.  Thank you for your understanding. 

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.