Canon HSS

Greetings,

Just recently purchased a set of RF60X and a V6ii.  When shooting off camera flash in HSS, the V6ii and my Canon T5 will show that HSS is on but when I shoot an exposure, I have banding on the top of the images.  So everything fires but it seems like the sync is off.  Any suggestions? 

Comments

• Hello @jonny_scumbag,

Yes, first off, check if you have the latest Multi-brand HSS firmware installed, version 1.1.013, so that we would be on the same page.

Second, when you mount the V6 II on camera hot shoe, are you using the default auto-detect, or you already manually selected a camera system? If the latter, make sure you keep the camera active by pressing camera shutter button a few times as you switch on the V6 II to TX mode.  You should see a letter "C" in the camera icon.

If you have previously tinker with any of the settings on the V6 II, run a factory reset first, before attempting the above.

As for the RF60X, it should be as simple as:
    1. Switching on the flash
    2. Setting it to "S" mode (slave)
    3. Set the corresponding channel and group
    Don't need to press anything else.

Thank you and please keep us posted.

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen. 
  • Ok, re-updated the V6ii to the latest firmware.  I also updated my camera to the latest firmware which apparently mine was super out of date.

I do use the auto detect and the V6ii does show "C" in my camera slot and black for the flash spot.

Tried shooting an exposure at ISO 100, F3.5, 1/1000 w/ showing HSS in the info bar, still have banding.  Did a factory restart for fun.  Still has banding...
  • Still banding? That's super weird considering the V6 II already detected the camera as Canon. 

Perhaps it's a particular camera setting that's creating the problem? 

Are you shooting on Live View? 

Below are some shots I took earlier using a Canon 6D, V6 II (1.1.013) and RF60X (104). 

Antonio Lao
    Brand Manager

To help us better help you, always state the exact firmware version installed on your Cactus device(s), such as: "1.1.013", "NIK.A.001", "v.103", or "A06".

TTL or HSS not working on Cactus V6 II and V6 IIs? Be sure to check hot shoe connectivity by doing the <CAMERA INFO> check.

Feel free to suggest an improvement or share product ideas. Contact us directly at info@cactus-image.com.  At Cactus, we listen.